1,582 results
All reviews double tree san jose costa rica close to the airport warm cookies pool area nice hotel small casino open air swim up bar executive room grocery store breakfast buffet restaurant staff nice stay rooms are spacious last night
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We discovered this hotel while on a Travel Agent Educational Trip to Costa Rica last week. It was our home away from home the first and last night of the trip, and we absolutely LOVED it! Awesome accommodations (standard room with two queen beds the first night, upgraded pool access room the last night), beautiful public spaces (loved how all of them flowed one right into the next), excellent spa and fitness center areas (did not utilize but will the next time), outstanding food and beverage service at the main restaurant overlooking the pool area (we did not have time to enjoy the pool, as it rained the day we arrived, and by the time we go to the hotel the night before we left, it was already dark), and the people we were exposed to fully embraced the "Pura Vida" vibe. We will definitely consider it again when visiting this amazing country!

Room tip: The property is very spread out, so if you have a physical handicap (whether permanent or temporary), request a room close to the main hallway that leads to the public spaces.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to San Jose area. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

1970 ish open concept hotel. Despite being a HHonors member I was given a road side lower level room, that was noisy even though the windows wouldn't open. Food fair, in open pool side restaurant - which is surprisingly dark and dreary.
Didn't go in but odd looking casino on hallway to pool area. Staff tried to make up for dreary surroundings.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Large room with nice amenities. Staff was friendly and helpful in general, but failed to deliver the phone message that our daughter had called to let us know about a family death.
Good restarants and shopping a block away at the small shpping center

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to send us your review. We hope to see you again soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Staff was not attentive to our needs. The first room had a very strong stench of mold. I informed the front desk that I had allergies and needed another room. She proceeded to tell me that there was no other room. I informed her that I could not stay in the room because of my allergies and would have to cancell my reservation. Reluctantly she gave me another room with had a milder issue of mold. We turned on the A/C and opened the door to the pool to let the air circulate. Staff could use some sensitivity training around allergies. Restaurant and pool experience was no better. Inattentive staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I am so sorry that our staff was not sensitive and accommodating regarding your allergy symptoms. This is totally unacceptable and I assure that this is very rare to happen as our main concern is to provide our guests with a comfortable and healthy stay; however, I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests! Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff were so friendly, especially for me being from 'out of town'. They remembered who I was everyday and were very accommodating to all of my questions. I loved staying here and will be coming back to stay on vacation once I am done with business here.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We’re happy you had a great stay at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. Come see us again soon – we’ve got a delicious chocolate chip cookie waiting for you! Safe travels…. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.