“Enjoy this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
“Enjoy this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over 20 times over the last 6 years. It seems to get better each time. It may be old but has a real local feel. The staff is always very helpful. Love the spa and pool area. It would help if they had a spinner for your bathing suit since it is difficult to dry anything in the humid climate. Internet has gotten much better also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! So glad you were able to experience our authentic hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great hotel, has all the amenities you want. I was here on business and had a few sressful days. Staff recommended the spa treatment - I had an hour long massage and it was very relaxing. I recommend eating at the bar, Eddie will take good care of you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for taking the time to send us the great review. We hope to see you again soon at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose! Margie Aristy Almonte, Director of Sales & Marketing.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed for one night whilst travelling around costa rica. Decent room although nothing that really stands out, although I liked the usual doubletree warm cookie welcome.

Free business centre and wifi was good.

Nice pool area, although food and beverage was overpriced. Pool table and nice little casino. Didn't use the gym but it looked ok.

Clean and smart looking hotel

Only sore point was being woken at 7am on saturday morning by machinery in the car park opposite the hotel. The car park is part of the supermarket I think. The gardeners industrial leaf blower meant my lie in was cancelled. Dont get a room opposite the car park.

Decent bar and some food options in the little complex over the road from the hotel.

Very convenient for international airport.

One other thing, meter taxi was cheaper for,me than the hotel airport shuttle.

Room Tip: Dont get a room that overlooks the supermarket car park, very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelfromLondon
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in San Jose. Margie Aristy, Director of Sales & Marketing.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was near the airport, and I had tons of Hilton points to use.
The hotel has a really interesting design: the lobby and hallways look to be indoors, but they're actually open-air (they year-round temperature of 70-80 degrees providing natural air conditioning). They used natural wood abd beams in the construction, so the whole hotel has a rich, soothing color. Many DoubleTrees I've stayed with in the US are former Hilton properties that are showing their age, but that was not the casr with this one. This one seemed to be very new.
The staff was very helpful, carrying our luggage, providing a speedy checkout, and reccomending restaurants.
The only real complaint was the cost of the restaurant. $20 for a casado desayuno is crazy, and we opted to go out instead.
Overall an excellent upscale hotel with great staff!

• Stayed June 2013
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here while going to a conference nearby - clean, spacious rooms, good consistent wireless internet, and friendly staff. Breakfast (included in room charge in some cases) is a nice buffet spread - eggs made to order, traditional gallo pinto, and fresh coffee and fruit juices. Fitness center has a nice array of machines and weights; property also features nice outdoor pool and hot tub. There are less expensive options in the area, but this is a bit of luxury for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool deck have views out towards pool/restaurant - I would recommend one of these rathe...
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Margie_Aristy, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon. Margie Aristy Almonte, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in Costa Rica for 4 weeks on business and stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton in San Antonio de Belen Ciudad Cariari, San Jose. The accomodations and staff were both excellent. The hotel is conveniently located nears shops and restaraunts. I would definitely recommend to fellow travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Thank Jeanne Bernice ... C
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. I’m happy to hear that our accomodations and staff made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time! Margie Aristy Almonte, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed at this property several times for business. I travel to Latin America very often and am always have a wonderful experience in Costa Rica and other countries.

This Doubletree is usually a good place to stay -- nice hotel; friendly staff; very lovely rooms. Last time I stayed, though, two items went "missing" from my room: a SIM card for my phone that I had taken out and left on the counter and an AMEX gift card for $50 that I left next to it. I told the front desk about this when I got in the evening, and they said I must have misplaced the items. I told them there was no way that I could have misplaced them -- I left them right on the counter in the morning before heading out! They told me I should search the room carefully. I did. Nothing turned up.

While in Costa Rica, I called AMEX to cancel the gift card. Luckily, nobody had used it yet. But when back in the States, I called my cell phone company and told them about my SIM card. They told me that someone had racked up 300 USD in calls in Costa Rica (at something like 1.99 USD / min) making local calls in San José. Obviously was not me. Luckily, my phone company waived those fees as part of its "fraud protection" program.

Hate to engage in the blame game, but I don't see who could have taken these things other than a hotel staff member. I left my SIM card and my card on my counter before leaving (am 100% sure), and made sure to lock my door on my way out. Both items were gone when I got back in the evening. Maybe I was careless for not locking them up?

Probably will not stay here again after this happened and will advise my company against this property. It is a lovely hotel, though. Just disappointed that the desk doubted my claims -- and that this even happened in the first place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank thirdculturewarrior
Margie_Aristy, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. Our first priority is the wellbeing and safety of our guests, and we are very sorry that we could not meet those goals during your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. Please contact us directly at (506) 2239-0022 x.3220 or jorge.gutierrez@hilton.com so we can speak in person with you about this experience. Jorge Gutierrez, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio De Belen
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.5 of 5 stars 1,451 reviews
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel and Convention Center
Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel...
#5 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
3.5 of 5 stars 762 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#4 of 84 in San Jose
4.5 of 5 stars 2,102 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose Aeropuerto, Costa Rica
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#3 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.0 of 5 stars 459 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose? Share your experiences!