We booked a couple of nights at the Hojarascas to explore a little of Central Costa Rica before leaving the country. We fell in love with Jose and the family run hotel. The service was wonderful, it felt more like visiting a family friend than staying in a hotel. Jose and his brother met us at the door when we arrived, made sure we had breakfast (which were wonderful!) before our 6:30 am tour, and got up at 4:30 am to see us off to the airport. The little "suite" we stayed in allowed us to eat a couple of small dinners in when we were filled by our lunch experiences. It is a beautifully kept and obviously loved hotel. Heredia is a busy college town and for me at first rather overwhelming although I understand less overwhelming than San Jose. However, Jose's kind attention to whatever we wanted to do made the stay delightful and after our touring adventures it always felt great to get "home". We visited Grecia, Sarchi, and the Orosi valley and took a tour to the Duka coffee plantation, Volcan Poaz, and the La Paz Waterfalls. Our stay here allowed us to experience the area where more than 65% of Ticos live and gave us another view of Costa Rica. We hope to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somos: Un Hotel Familiar, Administrado por los Miembros de su Familia. Hacemos de Este Lugar, Su Casa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas Costa Rica/Heredia
- Boutique Hojarascas Heredia