“Amazing Customer Service”

Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Heredia
“Amazing Customer Service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I really can't say enough about the customer service at this hotel. The owner is extremely passionate and will do absolutely anything do help you while you are in Heredia. The breakfast he cooked was amazing! The hotel itself was very clean and the room was great. If I ever stay in Heredia again, it will be at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have found it difficult to adequately express our satisfaction and enjoyment during our recent stay at your facilities. You are wonderful and very pleasant people, and we greatly appreciated your friendly accommodations. We can safely say, that if we ever return to San Jose, Costa Rica, we feel confident in trading any of the luxury hotels this city has to offer, for your terrific hospitality and to spend time with you. Please make sure that you keep my contact information if you one day travel to Panama. God bless you!
"Pura Vida" Omarcito, Jose, Alexis y por supuesto la mas bella Doña Carmen
Raul Y Fela

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raul A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here last year on my vacation to Costa Rica. I wanted to stay somewhere other than the big hotels to get a feel for what Costa Rica is really like. I based my decision on other people's reviews of several hotels and this one was the best. I took a chance and wow I was amazed. Jose is the most amazing and accommodating person I've ever met. We left our passports at the hotel when we went to San Jose to rent a car. We had been there a couple of days so Jose seemed trustworthy, but we left our passports in our room. Jose went to our room and sent his cousin to San Jose with them saving us hours and 2 $50 taxi rides. Food is great, if grandma is cooking you better eat. Did laundry and grandma beat us back to put them in the dryers. Then she took them out and folded them for us. This is a GREAT place. I will be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank f358
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my second time staying at Hotel Hojarascas and of course I returned because of the wonderful hospitality I have received each time! Jose Omar is a fabulous host and looks out for everything. For the price, which remains the same throughout the year, a delicious, home-made breakfast is included. The room was very comfortable and spacious and the shower always had hot water available. There is even a laundry machine on site in case you want to do your laundry! The property is always kept very clean and there is an open-air feel as you walk through it! The best parts about Hojarascas is that it is family-owned and Jose Omar tells you right from the beginning, "es como su casa." You are free to use the amenities such as the laundry, kitchen, etc. as long as you clean up after. I also love the fact that it is very central and walkable to almost any place in Heredia, and that it has a supermarket right across the street, and is very close to all the buses and to the Universidad Nacional. Should I return to San Jose/Heredia, I would definitely not hesitate to stay at Hojarascas again!

Room Tip: I didn't really feel there was too much noise. I stayed in a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank faith4a21
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a beautiful, contemporary looking place inside. The first impression is great. However, we ran into problems that spoiled our stay there and made us leave before staying a second night: 1) The price is PER PERSON, so a room for two was $80. 2) The mattress was poor quality and worn out so that it leaned to each side and had a support bump down the middle of it. 3) Tiny ants invaded the room (including the bed) during the night. 4) It is quite noisy with trucks, buses, trains, etc., either in front or in back of the hotel starting at 5:30.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dansktex
Robbins, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My daughter and I spent the first leg of our trip at Hotel Hojarascas for 3 nights and ended our last night of our trip there also. Jose Omar was absolutely wonderful, who made us feel as if we were royalty. Each morning our breakfast was specially made by Jose Omar. He offered help in getting around the city by bus, which stopped right outside the hotel. His mother greeted us with hugs each morning or evening and it was a very special place to be. When we left, he personally drove us to the airport to make sure we were okay. It was very hard to leave such hospitality. We know that when we visit again, Hotel Hojarascas will definitely be on our itinerary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresa T
Long Beach, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Quality Excellent - The Hotel is perfectly located across a local shopping store and a block away from the city market. The owner - Jose Omar-is wonderful and takes care of you. Its a family run business that is attentive and treats their guests as friends.

We stayed in town a week to visit family in the hotel apartment which is furnished with a complete kitchen. There is a washer/dryer available and they have complimentary WIFI and desktops for guest use. Transportation (i.e. taxi, local bus) are a 3 minute walk away. Oh and local currency exchange is located across the street (same exchange value as the bank). They have complimentry breakfast which includes fresh local fruits, local style breakfast, coffee, juices, soda, water. Shower is spacious with hot water on demand.

Jose and staff are about making you feel at home and ensuring they are available to help you with any need. It's not often you find a hotel where they make you feel like you are the only one there providing you with a comfortable place to staty. Awesome, clean and comfortable place with free airport pick-up/drop off to airport 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: Apartment bunk bedroom is a little noisy since wall has no window but metal blinds that open and do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scooby_F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
Hotel Chalet Tirol
#1 of 1 in Santo Domingo de Heredia
Adventure Inn
Adventure Inn
#2 of 77 in San Jose

Been to Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas? Share your experiences!