“Visiting Hotel Chalet Tirol”
Review of Hotel Chalet Tirol

Hotel Chalet Tirol
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Heredia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location of this hotel is one of the most peaceful, quiet, and beautiful in Costa Rica.
It is known for its fresh air, cool weather, surrounded by beautiful cipress trees. If you are a person who enjoys walking in the mts. and eating well I highly recommend Hotel Chalet Tirol.
I often have lunch there. Their special French gourmet menu makes it worth it. I specially
recommend their delicious onion soup, meat and poultry of the highest quality. I specially enjoy
having the chicken served with rosemary and apple. So...good! Their restaurant also has exquisite pastries to choose from: ex. apple strudel, apple tart with ice-cream, the best chocolate ever. They also have an excellent choice of wine. If you like photography you may take pictures of the variety of beautiful flowers: hortencias, orchids, and walk the paths under the cipress trees.
Many people choose beaches but this mountain is so... beautiful that it makes the difference.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sylviachaconSoto

Reviewed June 22, 2013

this place is always the choice if you want to have a perfect dinner with your partner, it has a fireplace, really cozy lightining, live music piano and violin instrumentals at the right volume, and the climate is cold and the whole scene is beautiful. Visiting just for the restaurant (eventough I've slept in this hotel) the experience was just nice, not the greatest food but pretty well done, service is outstanding and the whole set makes you go back again and again for a romantic moment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EliasVM
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I loved my stay at Tirol! The service was excellent and everyone was very nice! I stayed in one of the chalet suites, the rooms were very cozy, had nice beds and a fire place. This place is perfect for couples or family's. the food is outstanding,one of the best restarunts I've ate at in Costa Rica! I highly advise staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Bribri916808
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This charming tucked away hotel is like a hidden treasure. Once you discover it, you will be rich with perfect hospitality. The Rooms offer warm wooded floors and walls. My room had a fireplace
With a separate space that looked out to the lush foliage. A great place for a private massage, which I had. The restaurant is superb, the ambiance is romantic and my favorite night was when they had piano and violin entertainment. The food is the most delicious food I had while Visiting costa rica. I am coming back and bringing groups to experience the food and accomodations. The hotel is a great place for weddings and meetings, they have many types of unique meeting and entertainment spaces and the grounds are covered with beautiful foliage and private spaces. This hotel is a must do.

Room Tip: I like the chalets and for yoga,meditation, or a massage , chalet 4 offers a private rom with a view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roseiglow
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food is amazing and the hotel is beautiful, however, they need to be more careful cleaning the room, my bed had some hairs from someone else! Eww
The rooms size are good! Perfect for a couple! The balcony is very nice and the room service is very efficient!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Enrique H
mbatalla, General Manager at Hotel Chalet Tirol, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time in your busy schedule to write a review of our resort.
First let me thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel room and the great time you had at our restaurant. We are so sorry you found a hair in your bed, that is totally inexcusable and for that I send you my deepest apology. At Chalet Tirol we strive to be the best in every aspect of our operation and give our guest the best experience. We had a executive meeting and we have added a new standard in our housekeeping department , for now on all housekeepers will wear hair nets and gloves. I will assure you that this problem will never happens again.
In your next visit at our resort we will upgrade your room at no charge and extend you and extra complementary night at our expense.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Chalet Tirol is a wonderful find up in the mountains of San Jose. Nestled in a dark and mysterious forest, the atmosphere is cozy and comfortable, and very relaxing with your own fireplace. The restaurant is first class and very romantic, and on weekends there is often live music. Contrary to the rest of the country, it is chilly at Tirol (about 62 at night), which gives it a nice cabin feel. A consistent and classic alternative to hotels in downtown San Jose. An amazing place that I have been visiting for the last 10 years.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dr_PS
Reviewed October 23, 2012

What a beautiful and scenic hotel, run by some of the nicest Ticos I have encountered. I had my wedding at Hotel Chalet Ed Tirol in August 2011. It was enchanting. The location is stunning. The staff is amazing and accommodating. The food is delicious (both at the wedding as well as the delicious tico breakfasts we had every day).

We stayed at the hotel for just over a week and by the time we left we were friends with all of the staff. We had bonfires at night. We ate dinner by the fireplace. The weather was perfect (even though it was the rainy season). So natural. So serene.

We had 25 Americans and 5 Ticos staying at the hotel so we saw a variety of rooms. All were adorable and well-kept. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a retreat in the beautiful cyprus forest.

Room Tip: There are chalets and a main building. Either option is great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Virginia I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
4 mi away
#5 of 7 in Heredia
Hotel Bougainvillea
Hotel Bougainvillea
#1 of 1 in Santo Domingo de Heredia

Been to Hotel Chalet Tirol? Share your experiences!