“Tour of La Paz Waterfall Gardens”
Review of Peace Lodge

Peace Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Heredia
San Antonio, Texas
“Tour of La Paz Waterfall Gardens”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lunch in the wonderful outdoor restaurant and the tour of La Paz Waterfall Gardens was the highlight of a visit to Costa Rica. The opportunity to walk among the beauty of that area was wonderful. Several in our group commented," I wonder if this is what the garden of Eden felt like. "The close proximity to beautiful hummingbirds and buttterflys was my favorite attraction.
I was unable to make the hike to the waterfalls but I hear it is breath taking and a great workout as well. A review of the Gardens without mentioning the bathrooms would be remiss. The sinks are waterfalls turned on by twisting a rock. How cool is that? I did not have an opportunity to stay in the Peace Lodge but it would be added to any future visits to Costa Rica. The ride from San Jose gave us an opportunity to view coffee plantations, and many other beautiful vistas as well as small villages. I feel that it gave me a clearer picture of life in Costa Rica. We traveled during the rainy season but a little warm rain every day was not that bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Well we were in costa rica on June 20 - 29 started with a few bumps, we were planning on doing a tent style adventure at Rafkiki ( luxury camping supposedly,) but when we got there it wasn't what we thought we would experience-a little too far from civilization! So we checked out the following morning and headed to jaco! Found the beautiful Marriott and stayed for 4 nites! We had one day and nite left and wanted to see more, our driver overheard us and popped in a DVD of the property of PEACE LODGE! We were blown away! So we got reservations and headed up the mountain and found a true Costa Rican Paradise!!! We only had one nite there but was so glad we found this piece of the mountain! When we arrrived we were welcomed very warmly with a wonderful fresh drink , we were taken around the property by very proud employees! Our rooms were not quite ready so we ventured around the amazing animal sanctuarys! Needless to say they were over the top! The animals there have real life habitats!! Then after seeing all the animals and the most amazing waterfalls we got into our rooms! Wow wow wow is all I can say! After seeing the most beautiful villa we tried to change our flights for 1 extra day there but as u know no can do unless u have 5,000 bucks so we made the most out of our 1/2 day and 1 night!! The rooms are so perfect and really have the Costa Rican feel! Fire place jacuzzis and waterfall all in your domain!! I was with my husband and 3 sons who loved all the amenities ! My son caught a fresh water trout in the over the top pond and the restaurant prepared it for us perfectly!! ( real costa rican style again!) We had dinner in the dining room it was gorgeous and the food and service was perfect!!! Our family felt like we really found the perfect way to end our vaction! Like I said icing on the cake!!!

Room Tip: The regular rooms are like a suite! The bathroom u won't want to leave!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After a week of travel throughout the amazing country that Costa Rica is. The Peace Lodge is like the gold at the end of the rainbow. From reception to check out, the employees are happy, respectful and more than accommodating. The tours are fun and informative, the frog tour at night is my personal favorite. All the employees spoke highly of the owner and what he is doing for the community. It was a nice way to end the trip in the lap of luxury atop a cloud forest. The restaurants was amazing and had the best, most entertaining and helpful service. Danny V. made our eating and drinking experience at the Vista' Poas a night to remember and answered all of our questions about local tradition and culture. Thanks Peace Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angryzen
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I just returned to Florida last night from our
paradise getaway to Costa Rica. In our travels, we got to experience a taste
of the country and incredible people who live and work there. We had the
honor of staying at The Peace Lodge. I say it in that manner because it
truly was a most magical experience for us. I cannot say enough about the
beauty of the grounds and of the accommodations. Every possible detail was
well thought out and executed to perfection! The food was superb and service
impeccable. I must take a moment to commend several of the employees who
added to our experience. All of your employees think the world of you and it
is evident in their attitude and their service. In particular, Daniel and
Byron made my husband and I feel as though we had traveled back to an
episode of Fantasy Island. These gentlemen made every effort to make us feel as though we were theonly two visitors in the resort, and their warmth and professionalism made
for an even more memorable stay. Additionally, we had the pleasure of
working with Cefe, your on site massage therapist. My husband is a chiropractor and has worked with many therapists in hiscareer, but again, we were both in awe of not only her skill, but of herloving care. We will most definitely return to The Peace Lodge!!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are equally spectacular!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarolF527_13
Folsom, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Less than an hour from San Jose airport, great last stop before leaving the country. La Paz waterfall gardens attached and offers unique wildlife experience. Rooms and service exceptional. Loved the poas volcano and doka coffee plantation tour-all within a half hour of peace lodge. Loved it, would highly recommend for couples, families

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Heidi H
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel that was close to the airport in San Jose. After talking to some people we found the Peace Lodge. It was beautiful and the commute to the airport was faster than a hotel in town. Lots of things to do. Animal sanctuary. Got a chance to feed humming birds. The room was beautifull with a fire place. Going back in September.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia A
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a professional photographer and avid traveler. I visited this gorgeous resort last year with my family. I have a 13 and 14 year old and they loved it as well. The hotel is designed to feel like a nature hideaway. The service and food were first class. The Costa Rican are very friendly.The resort is in the cloud forest and every morning we visited the animals on site. THey have an aviary where you can hold toucans! They have an on-site zoological park that features local species of animals like monkeys, jaguars, a honey bear , sloths, poison dart frogs, etc. We fed hummingbirds which got so close we were able to kiss them. Really! THey have natural waterfalls you can hike to right on the property. As a photographer I was in heaven. Great place for the family as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and have a great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CochransTravel
Allen P, Gerente at Peace Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing such a great expirence on your vacation in Peace Lodge.

For the Peace Lodge family is always happy to have visitors that by sides enjoying the Hotel and service also enjoys the great back rounds that La Paz Waterfallgardens offers.

I will be more than glad to let all of the staff about this magnificent feedback!!!

Always waiting with our warmth and hopsitality, for your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn
Hotel Bougainvillea
Hotel Bougainvillea
#1 of 1 in Santo Domingo de Heredia

Been to Peace Lodge? Share your experiences!