“Photographers paradise”
Review of Peace Lodge

Peace Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Heredia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a professional photographer and avid traveler. I visited this gorgeous resort last year with my family. I have a 13 and 14 year old and they loved it as well. The hotel is designed to feel like a nature hideaway. The service and food were first class. The Costa Rican are very friendly.The resort is in the cloud forest and every morning we visited the animals on site. THey have an aviary where you can hold toucans! They have an on-site zoological park that features local species of animals like monkeys, jaguars, a honey bear , sloths, poison dart frogs, etc. We fed hummingbirds which got so close we were able to kiss them. Really! THey have natural waterfalls you can hike to right on the property. As a photographer I was in heaven. Great place for the family as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and have a great view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CochransTravel
Allen P, Gerente at Peace Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing such a great expirence on your vacation in Peace Lodge.

For the Peace Lodge family is always happy to have visitors that by sides enjoying the Hotel and service also enjoys the great back rounds that La Paz Waterfallgardens offers.

I will be more than glad to let all of the staff about this magnificent feedback!!!

Always waiting with our warmth and hopsitality, for your next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I spent two nights at the Peace Lodge . This hotel is beautiful, extremely relaxing and has a most wonderful staff. Melvin, our server, wanted to help us in any way he could. He provided wonderful service. The warmth and hospitality of the staff with the beautiful scenery could make any visitor feel very pampered. The food is delicious. The waterfall showers, the patio jacuzzis, the hammocks, and the fireplace in each room was exquisite. The night frog tour was so much fun, as well as the waterfall hikes, fishing , and the natural pools. The guide for our nature hike was for informative. The hummingbirds and toucans are beautiful.The fishing staff helped my daughter catch a fish and she felt like a fisherman. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a beautiful relaxed peaceful atmosphere with wonderful service.

Room Tip: Our room faced the fishing pond and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pmshoes
Allen P, Gerente at Peace Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments on our Hotel. It is most gratifying for us to realize you have been very pleased with your experience as part of our Peace Lodge Family.

We love to see our work reflected in you smile. The Warmth and the hospitality is always fundamental basis of our co-workers who perform with greater sincerity and pleasure. From our part we are always happy to help in any need of our guest so that way we can make the most gratifying and warm stay. From my part I will congratulate Melvin for his outstanding service with you and your daughter.

Thanking you again and hoping to see you back soon, The Peace Lodge family says good bye.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is amazing since the first time you enter! All your senses will be delighted for the natural magical sounds of a jilguero, stunning views and a thousands of gorgeous details All around the property, giving it a very unique and special touch! the rooms are the most beautiful I ever seen before! Stunning bathrooms with jacuzzy, chimeney, wonderful views of the mountains and forest! The food is Perfect for All tastes since international food, ticos specialities and fast food as tacos, pizza, included in a very reasonable price buffett. La Paz Waterfalls Gardens its gorgeous, the Waterfalls are impressive, you feel very close and connected to nature here, they have an animal rescue center and the animals looks Happy, recovered and healthier! The Butterfly Farm its the BEST in Costa Rica, its Perfect! Highly reccommended hotel for weddings, honeymoons and Family adventure also!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank YourEcofriend
Allen P, Gerente at Peace Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Hello dear friend,

Thank you for sharing such a gorgeous expirence with the Peace Lodge Family.

For us it's a great happiness when we see that our goals are made in to your expectations. By side the stunning veiws and the gorgeous details our staff is always willing to do what you need to make from the Peace Lodge your second family.

Personally I am going to be more than glad to let all of the staff know, how good was your stay in Peace Lodge.

Thanking you one and many more times, we will always have our doors open for you and your family.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wow ..What a wonderful experience for me and my friends ..This is a five star ..world class..the suites are something you see in movies..neat..neat...and staff treats you like you own the place..the Costa Rica experience is intergated into all phases..the grounds ..waterfalls ..flowers..birds..etc will take more than a full day...lots of steps..and with handrails..so many details that it hard to image someone thinking of such small items..a wonderful experience..and I look forward to someday returning ..and the food..good..excellent..my steak was perfect..my friends love their fish..

Room Tip: I only experienced my suite ..it was a large room with balcony and fireplace..and the bathroom had b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank B0bSh0ckley
Allen P, Manager at Peace Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Hello Mr. Shockley,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your gorgeous experience at The Peace Lodge.

We love to see that our guests see how much we care about them and always return to there frist home with a very nice impression of our Big Family.

Always waiting for you to come back. We say good bye!!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I eloped to Peace Lodge in May. I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful location. The service was amazing and they made it feel so special for us. We missed our first night there due to airplane malfunctions/delays and they were beyond helpful! They moved our wedding date, arranged for transportation and let us have a late checkout the next day. The whole atmosphere is so relaxing even after spending 24+ hours in an airport as soon as we walked into the lobby and saw the amazing panoramic view of the cloud forest we instantly relaxed and fell into "honeymoon mode". I can't wait to come back to celebrate future anniversaries!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the deluxe room. The bathrooms are unreal and totally worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bronwyn E
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Peace Lodge is a must. Five star service. Very small and intimate hotel. Great for kids. From feeding the hummingbirds and toucans to trout fishing, the whole family had a blast. Only 45 min outside of San Jose, it is definitely worth two to three days on your Costa Rica trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Schwartzbones
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The whole area is simply amazing! Our family of 5 plus 2 guests and a cantor experienced the Bar Mitzvah of a lifetime in the butterfly habitat at Peace Lodge. The staff was more than accommodating and helpful; the meals were great, and the rooms even better. Make sure to do the nighttime frog tour and visit the falls.

Nothing could possibly beat the experience we had at Peace Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rocksfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
Hotel Chalet Tirol
Hotel Chalet Tirol
#2 of 7 in Heredia
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bajos del Toro
15 mi away
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Resort
Xandari Resort & Spa
Xandari Resort & Spa
#1 of 27 in Alajuela
22 mi away
Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve

Been to Peace Lodge? Share your experiences!