Peace Lodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Gosen B&B(Heredia)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Familiar La Tortuga(Heredia)(Great Value!)
$35
Gavilan Sarapiqui River Lodge(Heredia)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Free Internet
Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas(Heredia)(Great Value!)
$50
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
Apartotel Don Luis(Heredia)(Great Value!)
1,369 results
All reviewswaterfall showertrouthot tubfrog tourwaterfall gardenspoas volcanodeluxe roomcanopy bedcosta ricasister propertymonarch villagas fireplacela pazcloud forestbig catsour honeymoonhumming birds
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We went to the Peace Lodge after spending the first 5 days of our honeymoon at The Springs Resort at Arenal. This was a great change of pace and an awesome resort to spend some quality time either by yourself or with your family and friends. This would even be an awesome weekend place to stay if you in live Florida or South US and can find a quick flight. The nature is so surreal, well because its all right there with you at our rooms and around the resort. The room was awesome! I would have never expected the bathroom to have a waterfall shower, OR a soaking tub with a waterfall background OR another jacuzzi tub on the balcony! The entire room was peaceful and calming, words do not really explain the calm and serenity here. The local volcanos and waterfalls were breath taking and a nice walk/hike. We enjoyed a rainy afternoon with Melvin a bartender at Trout Lake Bar, who was interactive and an awesome bartender Definitely a place to ignite an old flame!

1  Thank Danny M
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I LOVED my room!!! After two nights, I did not want to leave. The rooms are so inviting and warm (pillows and bed linens are the best!) with a private waterfall hot tub on my balcony, overlooking the jungle, a spa like waterfall shower, and a romantic fireplace. Add to that, a fabulous massage in the room, and who needs to leave??? The senery is picturesque and peaceful, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. If you like nature, bird watching, animals, and a serene atmosphere...you'll love this lodge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife, another couple and I just returned from a magical long weekend getaway to celebrate the wives' 50th birthdays at the Peace Lodge and Waterfall Gardens/Wildlife Refuge in the central Costa Rican cloud forest near the Poas Volcano. Our rooms were magificent, the grounds were spectacular and the staff members were incredibly accomodating. We elected to be picked up at the San Jose airport by the lodge's van - a wise decision since we recalled from our last visit to Costa Rica that the roads are simply awful. Our driver, Jose, expertly negotiated the drive, and we were amazed at the lush beauty of the resort upon our arrival. While our bedroom was fantastic, with wood floors, a canopy bed and fireplace (which opened onto a deck with a hot tub and hammock overlooking the gorgeous grounds, the cloud forest and the mountains), the huge bathroom was simply amazing. There were two showers (one of which was nestled in a lushly landscaped waterfall), another hot tub and two beautiful sinks. Truly, you could live in the bathroom!

The resort's grounds included an enormous aviary with countless exotic birds, a butterfly garden with thousands of butterflies, an incredible frog exhibit and other areas featuring snakes, wild cats, monkeys, hummingbirds (which you could feed by hand) and a hiking trail leading to several stunning waterfalls. We decided to take a guided night tour of the frogs exhibit with Hansel on our first night, and I never thought I'd get as excited as I did over frogs! The following day, Johnathan (who was a fabulous guide, as well as a wonderful person) took us on a 4 hour tour of the various exhibit and grounds (he also served as our guide when we toured the nearby Poas Volcano and Doka Coffee Plantations our final day).

Breakfast lunch and dinner are served at various locations throughout the resort. The food was generally very good (although the steaks were a bit tough). Our waiters, Daniel and Melvin, were extraordinarily accomodating. Often, when you stay at a resort, the dining prices are exhorbitent since you are often a captive audience. We did not feel that we were gouged; rather, the food prices were quite reasonable. I only regreted that we didn't find the time to catch a trout in the trout pond for lunch one day.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will recommend to our family and friends that they, too, discover both tranquility and adventure at La Paz!

2  Thank JBNuke
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Peace Lodge for 1 night. Unfortunately it was only for one night as I was not ready to go! Everything was perfect from the warm inviting room, to the you have got to be kidding me bathroom! The grounds, restaurants and pools are amazing and Jonathan took us on a great tour of the La Paz Waterfall Gardens and the animal and insect exhibits. Dinner was delicious and perfectly prepared and served. Jason at the front desk took great care of us and the entire staff was warm, friendly and helpful. There was not time to go to the Poas Volcano and Coffee tour that is also available in the area and is why I would suggest at least 2 nights at Peace Lodge.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Bedrooms have an incredible bathroom that we spent much of our time in! They are in the upper level so the views are breathtaking
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Me and my husband were there 3 nights for our honeymoon. We stayed in the Deluxe room and it was not at all nice. The only nice thing they did was give us a bottle of wine to celebrate. The bathroom was dingy, we took showers and the next day the water still hadn't dried. It was dark and gloomy. The staff was not helpful either, they were very rude. The internet didn't work, the cable was out, and the dvds they provide are from the 90's. They also gave us cds to listen to but they didn't work either. We saw the animals and waterfalls in 4 hours so for the rest of our trip there was absolutely nothing to do and I hated staying in the room because it was dirty. The food was awful and overpriced. There is also no where else to eat so we ended up just snacking on chips and cookies we had gotten at the gift shop. This place is a disaster and I would never go there again!

3  Thank Rakhi P