Cariari Bed & Breakfast
$49
Hotel America(Heredia)
$50
  • Breakfast included
Hotel & Boutique Hojarascas(Heredia)(Great Value!)
$50
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Gosen B&B(Heredia)
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousthe san jose airportrooftop deckcosta ricabed was comfortablewonderful tripcar rentalonly stayed one nightyogurtbeautiful countrypura vidapollomiriamconveniencetours
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a wonderful one night stay before heading to the Arenal area. Laurie is a wonderful host, and extremely helpful in making transportation arrangements, etc. She is such fun and a wonderful cook! We loved the breakfast before we headed out... She has my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I went to Costa Rica to have dental work done and spent several days at the Cariari. It was my best B&B stay ever. It was immaculate, the decor warm and attractive, and the friendly staff very attentive. An amazing breakfast was served every morning in the lovely patio. Eggs were prepared to my liking and on the table was a large selection of fresh fruits, meat, toast, muffins, preserves and endless coffee. I really never needed lunch. It was truly excellent value. Laurie took care of all my "where to go and what to do" requests. Even though every room was filled she seemed to have time for everyone. She's remarkable. I am recommending her to friends and family. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michelle Y
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My Husband and I stayed at Cariari Bed and Breakfast while we honeymooned in Costa Rica, and I must say what a great way to start off our vacation! The place was kept extremely clean and the service was great!!! Lori was extremely hospitable. Cariari was booked the night when we came back from the south to go to the San Jose Airport, but Lori still went out of her way to make sure that we were taken care of and helped to find another B&B quite close by also in our budget but that also provided superior service. This is a beautiful upscale neighbourhood with a great food joint quite closeby. Right down the street is a horse ranch where we saw the most remarkable show horses! We could just walk right in and pet the horses and the owners were quite welcoming.

The breakfast that was provided was just as great. Lori went out of her way to make sure that my husbands request of a variety of cheeses including fried cheese were met. The rooms are kept in great condition, and there is a beautiful terrace upstairs where one can sit and just relax. I would recommend that anyone coming into San Jose DEFINITELY stay at this Bed and Breakfast. Lori is one of the most amazing people we met on our trip, and it really helped that she started off our vacation on such a great note. We felt right at home with the amazing service and cleanliness provided resembling a 5 star hotel at a fraction of the value.

anyone looking for a upscale beautiful neighbourhood, a great breakfast, great service and hospitality must book with Lori!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Prabhjot D
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I have stayed with Laurie and her great staff many times. It is our safe haven in San Jose, while we are taking care of business or in between travel to and from the states. It is a warm and wonderful B&B where all of our needs are well taken care of. The home and gardens are beautiful and the rooms are spacious and comfy. From the moment we walk in we are greeted warmly and made to feel at home by Laurie and her staff. We especially love the wonderful outdoor patio and have spent many evenings sitting out there chatting with Laurie and her guests. The breakfast is wonderful, with fresh fruits, cheeses, juices and anything else you would desire. I am always recommending the B&B to my friends, we never stay anywhere else when we are in San Jose.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlene C
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We have stay at this B+B and love it. We own a tour company in Costa Rica and always recommend the Cariari B+B to our guests and many stay there before or after our tours. Laurie is a warm and friendly host, the breakfast is unbelievably delicious and the accommodations are clean, comfortable and quiet. We never stay anywhere else if we need an overnight near San Jose. Good job Laurie and we'll see you soon.

Room Tip: If you give Laurie your group info (kids/adults etc) she will tell you which room is best suited to your needs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family