“International cuisine”

Oporto
Ranked #109 of 190 Restaurants in Heredia
Cuisines: South American, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The only upscale resturaunt in Heredia..although they are understaffed
San Jose, Costa Rica
“International cuisine”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Nice small place with very good dishes, (not fancy) but very well elaborated, prices are reasonable, good deserts

Cleveland, Ohio
“Fancy and fun”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We had a nice meal here. The restaurant was not very busy, but the food was good.

Visited November 2011
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Pricey but delicious”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Heredia so the former reviews were surprising to me. I have eaten here with friends every couple of months for the last 2-3 years and have never experienced anything like these reviewers. I am sorry because I find their menu to be creative and of excellent quality. At noon many times there are`so many customers that their cars do not fit in the parking lot and have to park on both sides of the street. This restaurant is not downtown, but hidden outside San Francisco de Heredia on the road behind Walmart that goes to La Aurora. The atmosphere is lovely, especially in the evening when small lights decorate the plantings outside. I particularly enjoy the Aztec soup and the Oporto salads. Last week my friends and I enjoyed turkey breast with maple syrup flavored sweet potatoes and salad (a special for Thanksgiving) and chicken and asparagus crepes that were delicious. Their desserts are also top-notch.

• Visited November 2011
Tibas, Costa Rica
“Foodpoisoning specialist. How can they be still in business?”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Having had a bad foodpoisoning experience last December after eating at the Gran Oporto in Alajuela, I was reluctant to join my Tico friends when they suggested to eat at the Gran Oporto in Heredia. However, I was persuaded to give the chain another chance...boy oh boy how I wish I hadn't. I ended up terribly ill despite having stayed away from eating any meat, seafood or salad. I'm surprised they are still in business!

• Visited July 2011