WINNER WONDERLAND

Hotel Belen Suites
Hotel Belen Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Heredia B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Friendly owner, speaks English, large rooms, very accomodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Refered to BELEN SUITES by another hotel. Located on a quieter street, but very close (walking distance) to all services in the area. International airport is less than a 15 minute drive away. Locked, gated parking area and room access walkways. Prepared breakfast included with room. Prepared supper with limited menu available. Room was very spacious, 2 queen size beds and a huge shower sink toilet area. Air conditioned, cable TV, and wireless internet. Facilities are about 5 years old. We returned our auto rental and Belen drove us to airport. Would definitely recommend. The room is handcapped accessible.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center. Unable to cancel or change rating to NA. All rooms are away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Zancudo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I almost gave this property a poor rating. The place is unkempt. It seems like it was supposed to be more grand at one point but something happened along the way. The rooms are huge but with very little furniture and there is no place whatsoever to sit outside. Getting in and out of the main is a hassle hassle. Breakfast, which was included was mediocre. There is no restaurant. There other properties in the area for the same price with alot more going for it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank aliveincr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Drove from La Fortuna and planned on dropping the rental car off at the National/Alamo desk at the Marriott - and staying one night for our flight the next morning. We got to the hotel to find it was sold out due to a conference. The nice bell man called the Belen for us & informed us that the main rental office would pick up the car there (just call first). So glad they were booked, as Belen was much cheaper (paid $85) & owner went out of her way to help us in every way. Rooms are simple but large & clean. It is located an easy walk to a shopping center with restaurants. Great for overnight stay when flying in or out. Stay at Belen & support a nice family owned, local business.

• Stayed January 2013
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Its very comfortable, cleaned and safe. My 3 year old had a ball. The service is on a personal level makes you feel at home.

Room Tip: You want a place away from home that makes you feel at home this is the place.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

This place is easy to find. The hotel we were booked with we couldn't find and thank goodness. When we arrived late at night mind you, we were cooked a fresh meal and greeted by the owner. Rooms are clean and air conditioned. The breakfast was excellent. They even helped us find our way out of town.

We canceled our return reservation and made a new one for Belen Suites.

On our way out of Costa Rica we returned here. So close to the airport and car rental making everything simple. The owner even helped me get to the gas station so we could avoid paying the car rental agency fees. Before feeding me a great pork chop dinner and making my wife, a vegetarian, her own special meal.

If this was all they did for us they would get a great review. But I left my passport in the room. When I called she had it delivered to me at the airport within five minutes. Unfortunately I couldn't get back to the front of the line fast enough. They gave my seat away. When I called Belen Suites, they sent a car for me. Let me have my room to rest until my next flight and made me breakfast and lunch and delivered me back to the airport that evening for my flight.

Without them I would have been stuck. My wife flew on the flight I missed and I was left without almost anything. There is nothing like being stranded in a country alone where your command of the language can get you a beer and that is about it.

If you stay any where else you will pay way to much and will miss out on being treated like a long lost family member.

Traveling in and out of San Jose, or a base camp to explore the rest of the country, or a short distance into the heart of San Jose, this is the place to stay. Free Wi-Fi

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Danville, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

We had booked a different hotel on hotel.info, we called to confirm and the website had never contacted the hotel, they were booked for the night. The owner of the hotel (close location to Belen Suites) felt bad that we had no reservation so he called Belen Suites and got us a room. We couldn't have been happier! In the long run Belen Suites was cheaper, closer to the airport and had the most outstanding service. We will stay here every time we are near the San Jose airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Mariieaga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

Basically my only problem with this hotel is that there is no space to "lounge." We were here with a group of 10 and we had no option but to stay in our rooms. We stayed here 2 months before trying our luck with the hotel down the street(La Riviera), which I would say is better mainly due to more space outside the room to relax. (Pool, restaurant) the people are very friendly and will not bother you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heredia
Puerta del Sol Hotel
#5 of 9 in Heredia
Hotel Bougainvillea
Hotel Bougainvillea
#1 of 1 in Santo Domingo de Heredia

Been to Hotel Belen Suites? Share your experiences!