“Fabulous beginning to my Costa Rican birthday celebration!”

Canopy Adventure Barva Volcano
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Barva
More attraction details
Owner description: Canopy Adventure "Barva Volcano" is located only 35 min. from the international airport and 40 min. from San Jose; on the province of Heredia at the foothills of the Barva Volcano. It was established in 1998 by a Forest Engineer on a private reserve of over 400 acres. Placed in the middle of a Cloud Forest, at about 7,000 ft above sea level, there are a total of 13 platforms and 8 cables crisscrossing a river while traveling on a protected biological corridor. Starting with easy cables and leaving the best for the end, a 600 ft. run over an amazing waterfall. Although the cables are unforgettable, the adventure is also about the forest, the guides love to share their knowledge of this unique environment with you on a nature walk that is worth the day trip by itself. Suitable for all ages, the youngest adventurer to do this ride was no more than 2 years old and the oldest one yet, 88 springs. Come fly through the cloud forest on this unforgettable adventure right in the Central Valley!!!!
Clearwater, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fabulous beginning to my Costa Rican birthday celebration!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Words can't adequately describe how wonderful this tour was. The guides were knowledgeable, skilled, courteous, outgoing, considerate and fun! The cloud forest was beautiful and zip-lining was exhilarating.

Visited February 2012

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Glad we did it”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We were a group of older Americans and were apprehensive about the whole concept, but after the first platform, we all said "hey, this is really fun." This family run business takes very good care of its customers and we were even served a lovely lunch on their veranda. Anyone can do it, and you will be glad you did.

Visited January 2012
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing Adventure!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Family run business. We had an amazing experience! The Owner and his family were awesome, very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly! I highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in zip lining in Costa Rica! They provide coffee and cake after the tour, and they take very high quality photos of your experience which you can purchase at a nominal price. Their prices are very reasonable!

Visited January 2012
Cruz Bay, St. John
“What a beautiful piece of paradise - don't miss out on this adventure!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We took the canopy tour and had a blast. What I personally enjoyed most though was our guide who was so knowledgeable about the forest and educated us about his plantation, the ecology of Costa Rica, and the differences in the levels of the forest and the nature of it all. So far, it has been my favorite thing I've done while in Costa Rica. In fact, we're planning another trip back to do a hike to the volcano, can't wait!

Visited November 2011
Garden Grove, California
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My family had the excellent opportunity to visit Canopy Adventure for a zip-line experience. Oh My Goodness! I want to move here just to be in this beautiful, quiet atmosphere! Zipping from tree to beautiful tree in this luscious forest brought a huge smile to every member of our family! Who knew one could relive childhood tree swinging in a grown-up world? Zipping is much faster and more edgy; exhilarating would be a one word description of this activity.

The property is up in a beautiful region just outside of San Jose on a tree forest. this particular forest is one of the precious cloud forests in Costa Rica. Besides zip-lines, a lovely home, hiking trails, and there is a dirt bike circuit.

One excellent option to take advantage of is the photography package. For a reasonable charge, your guides happily take excellent shots with their own cameras--good quality cameras and photography skills to boot! Then they give you a disk with all the shots of your day.

As we were ending our excellent time, my teenage daughter says, "I cannot wait to get home and boast of my experience!"

Great times!