“Very good seafood!”

Restaurante Tierra Mar
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Very good seafood!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have eaten lunch at Tierra Mar twice recently and have had a super delicious seafood meal each time. The proud owner, Mar, is on site and obviously cares greatly about quality, flavor and cleanliness. My side salad even had delicious tomatoes! For a place at a mall, it is fantastic! A little gem!

• Visited August 2014

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Peruvian restaurant near the church in San Joaquín de Flores. We stopped by for lunch and were quite pleased with the quality of the food as well as the friendly, attentive service. The seafood was well prepared and the flavor was exceptional. It is located just a short distance from SJO airport.

• Visited May 2014
NJ
“OK for a casual meal”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just good food, very good service and prices are a little high for the food quality. Good location, away from the busy town's center. Not worth to go out of your way.

• Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“the best restaurant in Central America (Seafood)”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I have discovered the jewel of the land! Today I visited a Peru restaurant in San Joaquin. It is by far the best restaurant I have encountered in not just the Heredia Province, but all of Costa Rica. In fact, I will be so bold as to say it is the finest in Central America.

When I was “gerente del banco” in USA supervising 200 employees in 6 different cities, I had much opportunity to travel around the western USA and always take the important clients and top sales people to high end restaurants. I was convinced (until today) that all high end restaurants (fine dining) had to be steakhouses. I was convinced that no one could do fine dining with seafood.

I remember when Stephanie and I were in the most famous art museum of Buenos Aires and I got hungry and we looked for the dining place inside the museum. What an anti-climax to find only a cheap inefficiently run coffee-shop.

As I was eating lunch today at this Peru restaurant, I couldn’t help but think that the word restaurant was not fitting for the establishment in which I was eating. It was more like a “food museum”! Not only was the taste better than any seafood I had ever tasted, not only was the variety of choices wider than any seafood restaurant in the world, but also the visual appeal of the food was certainly a work of art!

Top this off with the most professional waiter I have met in Central America, and you have an afternoon of pure delight! Usually you have 2 kinds of waiters, those tat are hovering over you making you feel uncomfortable, and those that you never see once the food is delivered. My waiter today called me by name many times, asked permission to remove every dirty plate or drink glass, treated me with the most respect I have ever known. All of this was done throughout the dining experience without intruding on my personal space somehow. This waiter certainly has been trained in a 5+ star restaurant somewhere in the past. Topping it off is the fact that his family grew up in San Joaquin.

Anyway, RESTAURANTE TIERRA MAR, 200 meters east of the municipalidad de San Joaquin de Flores will certainly stay on my list of restaurants to take people when they come to visit me. On Sundays, they are open from noon to 8 pm. You will certainly use the usual 3 hours that you allocate for this “work of art” dining experience.

While I could ramble on forever about this DIAMOND of San Joaquin, I will cut it short and allow you all to experience for yourselves this experience that you will not forget for your entire life! Their phone number is [--] and their email address is [--]

1 Thank mtrinko