Open today: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
AN AMAZING SURF EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2019
ittsmaya
Great surf lessons!

Reviewed June 15, 2019
Doug10987

All reviews cala luna these guys costa rica rodolfo rash guard lesson instructor safety waves surf
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019

My sister and I took surf lessons with Rodolfo, who was such a great instructor! He taught us the proper techniques for riding the waves as well as being encouraging and provided just an overall great experience! I would highly recommend checking this out if this sounds like something that would interest you! What a great way to spend part of our vacation!!!!!! The absolute best surf out there and I had the best timee

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 15, 2019

Victor Renata was a great surf instructor! He helped my wife and two daughters have a great day in Tamarindo. Very personable and fun!o

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 16, 2019

I bring groups of college students to Costa Rica regularly and whenever we come to Tamarindo, we always go to the Tamarindo Surf Academy for lessons and board rentals. Victor and his crew are simply the best around. The surf school is owned and run by Costa Ricans which always makes me feel good about supporting a locally owned business. Victor and his surf coaches are bilingual which helps a lot during the classes. They have quality surf equipment. The boards are in good shape and are well waxed. He makes sure that they have all their fins and a leash.He also provides rash-guards. And most important of all, the instructors are very professional in the water. They always are keeping an eye on the students and the ocean conditions to make sure everyone is safe. You are in very good hands here.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Victor and Rodolfo are AMAZING surf instructors and people!!! You will enjoy every moment that you spend with them, as they are genuinely wonderful people. They are amazing with both children and adults. They care so much about each person's safety and skills when surfing. They make every surf lesson fun!!! They both take the time to ensure that each person builds upon his or her skills, whether you are a beginner or intermediate surfer. They simply care about each student!!! They are on time and bring everything you need to enjoy a wonderful surf lesson. Do not miss out on surfing with Tamarindo Surf Academy -- best activity in Tamarindo!!!!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

We have known Victor and his staff for years. We met while staying at Cala Luna and requesting surf lessons for ourselves and our daughters (aged 17 and 11 at the time). We have since had multiple lessons and sent many friends and family members to Tamarindo with the “must do” experience of surf lessons with Tamarindo Surf Academy. They are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and thorough with kids from 5 to 65!! They are very serious about safety while making sure everyone has a great time!
Our daughters are now 24 and 18 and we are still visiting Tamarindo and still hanging out with Tamarindo Surf Academy!

Date of experience: January 2019