TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great beginner surf lessons even though I was really nervous

My husband and I were both pretty nervous about surf lessons because neither one of us are very... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2019
Briana O
AN AMAZING SURF EXPERIENCE!!!!!

My sister and I took surf lessons with Rodolfo, who was such a great instructor! He taught us the... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2019
ittsmaya

All reviews cala luna these guys costa rica rodolfo rash guard lesson instructor safety waves surf
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

We have known Victor and his staff for years. We met while staying at Cala Luna and requesting surf lessons for ourselves and our daughters (aged 17 and 11 at the time). We have since had multiple lessons and sent many friends and family members to Tamarindo with the “must do” experience of surf lessons with Tamarindo Surf Academy. They are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and thorough with kids from 5 to 65!! They are very serious about safety while making sure everyone has a great time!
Our daughters are now 24 and 18 and we are still visiting Tamarindo and still hanging out with Tamarindo Surf Academy!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank dentondiva
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Victor taught our group to surf for several days and we all loved him. He was patient and kind and the group had so much fun.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank MelanieB2509
Reviewed February 27, 2019

When planning our trip, we included a stay in Tamarindo because my 13 year-old wanted to learn how to surf. We were not disappointed. The staff picked us up at Cala Luna and we had a great lesson with the guys along with 3 other people. The kids were up on boards immediately and we all were pretty impressed with ourselves that we learned so quickly. The instructors are patient and helpful and spend a lot of time with each person to make sure that they are successful. Our only regret is that our lesson was on the last day of our stay so we couldn't go back another day!

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank jennifersY4138IC
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Victor and Rudolfo picked us up at our hotel, took us to the beach, matched us up with surfboards, had us practice on sand and before our class was over we all had caught and ridden in on at least one wave. Great fun, terrific guys.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank LuP1000
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We were staying at Cala Luna and booked surf classes through the Surf Academy. Rudolpho and Victor picked us up and were our teachers that day. It was just our family, 2 adults and 2 kids ages 8 and 9. None of us had ever surfed before. Both kids had it by their second try! My husband and I were both standing and surfing by the end. It was a bucket list thing for me and after watching other surf lesson groups another day, I am so thankful we used these guys. They did an amazing job and were knowledgeable and fun to be around. Lesson lasted 1 hour 40 minutes and they drove us back to Cala Luna. They provided boards and rash guards, and water at the end. Highly recommend, Tamarindo waves were great to learn on and our teachers were wonderful.

Date of experience: July 2018