“Don't Hesitate--Book Your Cabina Now!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Harry's, El Escondite
Reviewed May 11, 2010

What can I say that’s not already been said? My husband and I spent a week (3-10 May) at Harry’s in the blue cabina, and I am already planning a return trip.

We arrived later than expected, due to a flight delay, but Harry and Don’t the Dog were there to greet us with smiles. Having experienced everything from hostels to resorts to 5-star hotels, I must say, Harry’s place is definitely my favorite!

Harry has a knack for knowing the needs of his guests--always was there when we needed him or wanted to chat, but also was magically invisible at times, so we felt as though we had the place to ourselves. He’s a quick friend, gracious host, and a breath of fresh air. His advice on things to do, places to eat, local customs, and spots to visit were more than we could have ever asked for. (I'm already sad that I won't be drinking a cranberry-vodka at Nougi's with him, watching the sunset!)

Everything was top notch! A few amenities that you’ll love: comfortable bed, great water pressure, deceptively deep pool, clean cabinas, and cold A/C. The location is a quick walk or bike ride into town or the beach and is at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, a friendly pup and a talkative cat! =)

Harry even went out of his way to surprise us with champagne that my work arranged to be waiting on us one night. When I got back to work this morning, one of the first things mentioned was how great, easy to work with, and on the ball he was when they emailed to coordinate the gift. I appreciate that he was willing to take the extra step that many would have just regarding as an inconvenience.

If you are contemplating where to stay in Tamarindo, don’t hesitate…book a cabina with Harry. I look forward to seeing him again soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Harry's, El Escondite

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Had a great stay at Harry's! Harry is very welcoming and the location is ideal and away from the noise. Loved the stay in 2008 and hoping to go back soon! If you want to stay somewhere wonderful in Tamarindo then stay at Harry's!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I would definately recommend staying at Harry's El Escondite! The Cabina's are clean & comfortable. Harry has thought of everything you would need & if it's not there he will arrange or advise where to get it. A couple of blocks from the Beach means that it is quiet when you want it to be but still close enough to get in on the night action! Stone was awesome (Harry's canine) he is such a cool guy! 7 nights was not enough! Costa Rica is amazing & made even better when your accomodations are perfect! I/we will be back.....& I can bet it will be soon!
Thanx Harry for everything!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Stayed at Harry's for a week this febuary and had a great time. Very clean and safe place to relax. It is just a quick walk to downtown and the beach. Harry showed me all the great spots to eat and shop and took me to all the best bars. I would def go back for a future vacation.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Harry was awesome and so was his El Escondite!. Best little pool to dip in throughout the day and night. Surfboards in the back shed, self serve. I felt free to do whatever I wanted... so much better than staying at an over crowed, annoying and loud resort! We had a wonderful time!!
MUST eat at Kahiki Restaurant and bar (its attached to the hotel Mamiri)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Harry's El Escondite is, by far, the best place to stay in Tamarindo.
The cabinas are super clean and come equipped with comfy beds, large showers, televisions with DVD players, kitchens with full ranges, refrigerators and microwaves, safes for valuables and air conditioners. There's more! Hammocks hang under each patio, the shell shaped pool is amazing (and refreshing at that), and there are also plenty of surfboards and bikes to choose from! ALL of this is included in your rent...not to mention a host (Harry) with endless knowledge of the area and all of its hot spots for food, drink, surf, and other Costa Rican activities. You'd be stupid to stay elsewhere...seriously.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This was our second trip to Harry's and once again Harry did not disappoint. We have stayed in other places and Harry's is by far the nicest and most relaxing place to stay when visiting Costa Rica. He will take you out on the town if you'd like or he will just leave you alone if need be.
We will be back again and again.
Thanks Harry!