“Cheeseburger in paradise”

Surf Shack Burgers & Wings
Ranked #8 of 193 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were in Tamarindo and being Americans we were craving a juicy burger and found one of the tastiest burgers you will find anywhere. The service was excellent and there were a number of interesting choices, not just your average burger menu. My Husband tried one that is served between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches and I had one topped with blue cheese and carmelized onions.
Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this little gem while walking around the shops and restaurants along the tamarindo beach area. It is in a circle shopping area just off the beach. It is kind of hidden, but I am glad we found it. It is very clean and there are a few TVs to watch sports on. It is a great place to kick back with an Imperial after being on the beach all day. They have a large selection of burgers. I am a very plain person so i didn't try any of the cool burgers. I forgot which burger my boyfriend got, all i know is it was #11.. :P We ate here twice; we had the wings the second time. The guacamole is awesome!!!!

I think they opened in early April.... so it is new....check it out!!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ate here with the family and really enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Sit at the bar and you can face the beach. They offer the normal burger but have a couple unique burgers, too. I tried the Peanut Butter and bacon burger. It may sound "scary" but it is really great (of course, only if you like peanut butter!). My husband had the blue cheese burger and it was really good, too. The tortilla chips and guacamole were fresh and delicious. Really enjoyed our dinner here and will definitely go again before the end of our trip!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place was recommended by a friend for good burgers so we decided to have a late lunch at the Surf Shack. The atmosphere is cool and clean with corrugated aluminum and surfing memorabilia hanging throughout. Our server was very attentive and giving up the English or Spanish option of menus was a nice touch. When the burgers came, my wife and I agreed that these were, without a doubt, the best burgers we have had in Costa Rica. the meat was seasoned perfectly and the hand patties grilled to a juicy goodness. This will definitely be our go-to burger joint.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Found this place after hiking and it was a Monday night so not crowded which caused me concern. Oh boy was I wrong, this place is fantastic. I was with my wife and son and all 3 of us thought it was excellent. We had the bacon cheese fries, chips and guacamole and we each had different burgers. I had a double bacon, bbq cheese, avocado burger and it was cooked perfectly. Buns were toasted with butter, avocado was crushed bright green and extremely fresh. Onion rings are dipped in flour and not batter which made them very light and not greasy. Owner Brian came out and chatted with us and was very friendly. Bathroom was spotless which is always a good sign. Our bill was $53 for 3 burgers, 3 drinks and 2 appetizers which is not too bad considering the quality of the meal. Brad - Newport Coast, CA