“Drive costa rica, the best way to see it”
Review of Off Road Costa Rica - CLOSED

Off Road Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: Off Road Adventures Costa Rica offers 1/2, full and multi-day jeep adventure tours of the Costa Rican backcountry. Based in Tamarindo Costa Rica, the tours highlight the stunning flora, fauna, beaches and culture of this beautiful country. Clients drive their own vintage Toyota Land Cruisers, are provided with an Indiana Jones bag (field guides, binoculars, two-way radios, maps, magnifying glasses, bandanas and machetes) and follow our expert guides through the forests and countryside.
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Really the best way to see Costa Rica is to Drive it. We used a company called Go Drive Tours and did a 8 day tour of the pacific side. They set up our hotels and maps with cell phone and GPS. They are unbeatable if you want to drive it.

4  Thank polvo2323

Reviewed January 12, 2010

My family of 4 , wife and boys 14 and 17 spent the day on Ted's OFF Road tour ,his assistant ,his dog Hannah and of course his open air jeep which I shared the driving with Ted ( Its a tough stick shift with tough terrain in places)
What I can say is that it was genuine,laid back, adventurous and diverse . We toured the jungle, swam in the beaches( and played football) , ziplined, ate good food and explored monkeys and the landscape.
Its a great way to discover the area and as much as it is planned you can also design the day the way you want it.
We even extended the day and ate dinner with Ted .He knows Tamarindo area, runs a great tour and is great company
Don't miss it

4  Thank nathan822
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My wife and I went on a tour with Ted on Saturday, January 2nd 2010 which also happens to be his birthday. This is an excellent way to see a different side of Costa Rica. Ted is very personable and knowledgeable of local plant and animal species. 15 of us loaded in to into El Monstruo and traveled through small towns, watched a local soccer game, ate at a small restaurant, went on a canopy tour at Monkey Jungle all in one day. Not to mention all of the howler monkey’s we saw! The best part of the day was the sunset on a private beach to wrap things up. His dog Hannah tagged along with us for the entire trip too! Another nice touch is that he picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel.

Like I said…. Ted is a great guy and this is a great tour. I have no reservations recommending this activity to anyone visiting Tamarindo.

Check out our photos we posted!

Reviewed August 28, 2009

Ted, Rose and Jesse did a great job with our event. We went to Playa Minas where we got the best of the best. We did a lot different activities and we spent the most wonderful time ever with them. It was part of a team building event for our group.
I am the person in charge of this group and since the begining Ted help me in getting evething ready and organized. I highly recommend Ted and his Off Road team because this was our best experience ever.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My 18 year old daughter and I took a two week trip to Costa Rica and travelled throughout the country. We spent three days touring the back country of Tamarindo in a Landcruiser with Ted. Ted prepared a customized trip for us, and showed us portions of the country typically reserved for the locals. We were so fortunate to have found Ted and his Off Road Costa Rica Adventures, we experienced our most memorable sunsets along the Tamarindo beaches among the crashing waves and Hannah, Ted's loyal companion. We are already planning our next adventure to Costa Rica, and we are definately coming back to drive more Costa Rican jungles with Ted. What a great experience! Thanks, Ted.