If your looking for the perfect hostel, that gives you that family atmosphere, relaxation and amazing staff (Miriam), you don't need to look anywhere else in Tamarindo, this is the perfect place!
Having stayed with a friend at the beginning of our trip through Costa Rica, this was our first stop along our trek, and we couldn't have started at a better place. The surfing was fantastic, and you are just a short walk to the beach. The ability to rent a board and even receive lessons if you are a beginner, make things easily accessible and the staff will always go out of there way to accomodate your needs.
Beautiful, and quiet rooms give you that much needed sleep you need after the long days on the water, and the rowdy nights partying just steps away in the town. There is no shortage of meeting many travellers, as the beautiful common area brings all travellers together, and there are many nightly events to share as a hostel. Best of all you didn't feel the need to participate in all events and could come and go as you please.
Simply stated this place rocks, and as the old saying goes, you always save the best for last, and to finish off my trip I made sure I came back to Pura Vida one last time before heading home...... Looking forward to my next trip back!
Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pura Vida Hostel in Tamarindo, Costa Rica has been providing guests with memorable travel experiences since 2006. We are a friendly, inexpensive hostel that welcomes backpackers and vacationers from all over the world. We welcome the opportunity to host your stay in Tamarindo. Our multi-lingual staff is happy to provide recommendations on restaurants, bars, attractions, getting to your next destination and, of course, surfing. Trips, tours and transportation can be booked at our reception. You can cook and dine al fresco in our 2 spotless, fully-equipped, outdoor communal kitchens. We have dorm beds with ensuite bathrooms and showers and private rooms with air conditioning in multiple configurations to accommodate your travel party. Bed linens are provided. Our "rancho" is the social heart of the hostel with rocking chairs, daybeds, and hammocks for you to enjoy while visiting with other guests and overlooking the lovely tropical garden which enjoys frequent visits from iguanas and howler monkeys. The chill-out atmosphere is enhanced by a great sound system and playlist, good vibes, the fastest wi-fi available in Costa Rica and interesting people from all over the world. We are located a couple hundred meters from the beach, across from Banco National and Hertz Rental Car and next door to Dona Lee's restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Pura Vida Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Guesthouse And Hostel
- Pura Vida Guesthouse Hotel Tamarindo