“Highly recommend this hostel”
Review of Pura Vida Hostel

Pura Vida Hostel
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at Pura Vida for four days and I was so impressed by the hospitality that was demonstrated to me and the group I was with. The staff was friendly and ready to help with details like travel and leisure activities. I forgot a valuable personal item and they were kind enough to ship it back to me back in the States. When I go back to Tamarindo, I will be back at Pura Vida Hostel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KM V

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My brother and I stayed here two nights, left for conchal, then had to come back for two more nights. Staff is excellent, rooms are great, and the hostel is awesome. The hangout areas are the best that I saw while traveling costa rica and the kitchen was also the best. Would definitely go back. Thanks hostel Pura vida!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jimbabb
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Team at Pura Vida diligently worked with our group to house 40+ weary travelers as we wrapped up an around the world year dedicated to service. The Pura Vida Team (PVT) promptly replied to a litany of emails that all included a myriad of requests. They worked with our slim budget and even helped us negotiate favorable excursions around Tamarindo to ensure our stay was a quality one. The facility is clean and the beds comfortable (and believe you me this group had slept in a lot of crazy uncomfortable places in the days prior to our visit to Pura Vida!) We valued the hostels proximity to the beach, just a short 5 to 10 minute walk away, and distance from the noise of night life (just far enough off to not be in the center of it all). We ate well in the kitchen space provided and even better at Donna Lee's next door. To boot, PVT is even in touch with the needs of the Tamarindo community and let us finish our year of service well by donating to the underprivileged near by! It is with gratitude that I write this review and encourage you to give the Pura Vida Team opportunity to win your business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M E
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Miriam you are the greatest host! Thank you soo much for the greatest time that we could possibly have.
Great place to stay and great place to meet new ppl.
What i loved the most was the public kitchen where we could cook and have a big "family" style dinners where everybody would just relax and eat fresh ceviche or fish tacos.....yummmy!! ( of course all cooked by me)
We stayed in December of 2010 not 2011.

Room Tip: Pura Vida offers double rooms which are perfect!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Peanut05_09_11
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed for ten days had great fun reasonable prices rooms are clean hostel situated not far away from beach special thanks to staff for help with organising leisure time well done thomas and robert

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank KubaStary
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here for a week, and was very impressed at the warm welcome .Tomas and Robert were very friendly and helpful.I MUST agree with Victoria - it is a best place to stay in Tamarindo If you are looking for a cute, clean and safe hostel with a great location just minutes from the beaches this is the right place for you.Hostel is small but has big clean rooms ( social areas too) with A/C. Internet access available. I would recommend this place to everyone and if I'll ever go to Costa Rica /Tamarindo - i know EXACTLY where I'm gonna stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank me t
Reviewed August 6, 2012

after reading rave reviews of pura Vida, I was looking forward to checking it out.
I was sorely disappointed. the hang out area is nice but nothing special. the rooms are bare and the water smells. the place has threatening signs everywhere. saving the hostel is the proprietor. she earned it a two from a one. I packed up and moved on.

• Stayed: August 2012