I stayed here for the first time in July of last year and had a really enjoyable experience. Recently I had the good fortune to return to Costa Rica for a second visit, and decided to try this place out again. I'm happy to report that my second stay turned out to be just as good as my first, if not better. My room was spotless when I arrived. And even though (as I learned later) the "house was full" on at least two nights during my stay, all the common areas remained tidy and did not feel at all crowded. Since my last visit the management has added a pool table and a nice little library with books and magazines. And I discovered that they can now book tours, fishing charters, and shuttle reservations to airports and most other popular destinations (e.g., Arenal, Monteverde, etc.) for their guests right on the premises. I slept soundly every night during my stay but one. On that night at around 2:00AM my slumber was rudely interrupted by a lone-- and apparently insomniac-- howler monkey, who decided to serenade the whole neighborhood from a mango tree right outside my bedroom window. For such an unexpected experience I certainly can't fault this delightful establishment.... :-D
In my book, Pura Vida Hostel remains the best value for the money in Tamarindo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pura Vida Hostel in Tamarindo, Costa Rica has been providing guests with memorable travel experiences since 2006. We are a friendly, inexpensive hostel that welcomes backpackers and vacationers from all over the world. We welcome the opportunity to host your stay in Tamarindo. Our multi-lingual staff is happy to provide recommendations on restaurants, bars, attractions, getting to your next destination and, of course, surfing. Trips, tours and transportation can be booked at our reception. You can cook and dine al fresco in our 2 spotless, fully-equipped, outdoor communal kitchens. We have dorm beds with ensuite bathrooms and showers and private rooms with air conditioning in multiple configurations to accommodate your travel party. Bed linens are provided. Our "rancho" is the social heart of the hostel with rocking chairs, daybeds, and hammocks for you to enjoy while visiting with other guests and overlooking the lovely tropical garden which enjoys frequent visits from iguanas and howler monkeys. The chill-out atmosphere is enhanced by a great sound system and playlist, good vibes, the fastest wi-fi available in Costa Rica and interesting people from all over the world. We are located a couple hundred meters from the beach, across from Banco National and Hertz Rental Car and next door to Dona Lee's restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Pura Vida Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Guesthouse And Hostel
- Pura Vida Guesthouse Hotel Tamarindo