Lisa and I were in Costa Rica from 6/6-6/13 for vacation. It was more a trip for me than her. I went to Surf Camp at Witch's Rock, Tamarindo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. It was a true learning experience for me. I surfed twice before, once during a two hour lesson in Hawaii, lucky enough for it to be on the North Shore at Turtle Bay and another time in San Diego. This was a completely different experience. It was challenging and fun. The instructors are great people who are encouraging and dynamic. They all have great stories. I surfed everyday for several hours each day. I got beat up at Playa Avellenas the last day. I can now say I surf but it will take a lifetime of surfing before I will call myself a surfer. Part of me thinks its a lifestyle too or a mindset. Thanks to Pedro, and Flash. Chest up, paddle one arm at a time, feet together, and pop up.
The hotel is fine. I would suggest getting the penthouse facing the beach. I was able to walk out onto the rooftop patio every morning and have an amazing view of Playa Tamarindo. Food is fresh and tasty. Staff is considerate and friendly. It was also nice to meet several of the over guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel