I had a great time for the 1 week I was there. We surfed a lot of different spots and the guides typically know where to go to find an uncrowded but decent surf. The hotel food, room and jacuzzi are nice too.
My big complaint is the Witches Rock/Ollies Point trip. I could tell from looking at Surfline that the swell was peaking in a day or so and dropping by the end of my stay. I discussed this with the hotel staff and tried to get our boat trip to Ollies booked for the peak of the swell. This is supposed to be the highlight of the trip! The staff said they will go for it. The next day I find out we have been pushed another day later because they have a paid group from people not staying at the hotel hiring them for the trip at the same we wanted to go.
Basically they took the extra money from non-patrons of the hotel and ignored us since we had already paid for the whole trip and were staying there. We don't have any choice as to when we want to go to the island. We ended up going on a crap day. There were exactly zero waves above waist high at Witches Rock or Ollies. It put a huge damper on what was otherwise looking to be a great trip. I went home pretty angry after having spent over $1,000 for my 1 week stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel