Recently learning to surf I picked Witchs Rock to kick up my abilities and for a perfect getaway! Not having traveled solo in many years I was nervous, but it turned out to be one of my favorite vacations, hence why I'm already booked to go back!
Diverse crowd, ages, single travelers, couples and groups.
GREAT friendly staff always available to accommodate. The instructors are knowledgable and can surely rip if you get the chance to see them!
The rooms are basic but clean---known and expected as its surf camp---best value at a great price!
Bring GOOD (vertra, headhunter) sunscreen and a decent amount.
Rashguards so you don't burn.
Beach towel for post surf. A few simple, very light outfits for evenings, dinners, dancing out one or two nights!
Ladies---it's humid so I ended up throwing my hair up at night or wearing a hat.
A HUGE thank you overall for the experience, highly recommend this camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel