“Pura Vida”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamarindo
Witch's Rock Surf Camp
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to WRSC solo in August and had a great time. Everyone is friendly and it is in a good location - great beach,water, waves, restaurants, shopping, etc. The staff at WRSC are super nice (wait staff, people at front desk/store, cleaning staff, board cage, the instructors and the camera guy. I had Isaac as my instructor for most of the week and he was awesome! Tips are a nice way to say thank you and they do appreciate it & don't forget the camera guy - he's the one taking the pics that you get to watch at the bar. Thank you WRSC. I had a great time and hope to be back soon. ~ pura vida

• Stayed: August 2013
WRSC, Guest Relations Manager at Witch's Rock Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We're pretty luck to have our amazing staff. They all do their best to make you feel like a member of the family.

Remember that we always offer special return guest discounts and we have a great 50/50 Guest Referral Program. Send us your favorite friends and family, and not only will we take care of them and make sure they have an amazing experience, everyone gets discounts!

Pura vida!

Elizabeth

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good value to learn to surf and get the lay of the land. Great way to get access to all of the local and not so local surf spots. My only gripe would be the mosquitos and they were no ones fault so just bring bugspray. I would recommend trying different shortboards which I didn't just to see which ones work for you the best. Also they taught me to surf pretty well which I could only barely do before. Now I can get up almost everytime on every wave. Bottom line is everybody learns to surf by the begining of the week and can catch there own waves by about midweek. Had lots of fun here and met some great people. The town was a little quiet at night but I think it was the offseason. I would highly recommend this place to others wanting to surf. They were overbooked so I had to stay at the Crocodillo which was a short walk away but in the end I liked the hotel better b/c I had cable and a bigger rooom with a kitchen. It also had the best french bakery in the hotel which was unbelievable!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
WRSC, Public Relations Manager at Witch's Rock Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Muchas gracias for the great review! Glad you had a fun trip with us and were able to improve your surfing! Those mosquitoes can be pesky this time of year but, during out dry season November-April, they're not so pesky at all.

Pura vida!

Elizabeth

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I just finished our second trip to Witch's Rock. This time we brought our 11 year old son along for the fun. This was the most fun we've ever had on a vacation, thanks to the amazing location of the camp in Tamarindo, Costa Rica and all the friendly staff at Witch's Rock - Especially our instructors, Andres and J. Louis! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
WRSC, Guest Relations Manager at Witch's Rock Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the camp. I am so glad you brought your son with you this time, I'm sure he had a blast! We can't wait to have you here for your third time!

See you soon in the water!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

On my trip, I traveled to 4 different cities. Witch's Rock was by far my favorite! The room, food, beach, and staff were all wonderful. In addition, the town has so many tourist attractions, not to mention happy hours! Surfing was absolutely amazing...It has been a goal of mine to learn how to surf, so I thank Witch's rock for helping me achieve that goal!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Life is too short so I am glad you went with your dream and it was a pleasure for us to be one of your favorite spots in Costa Rica.

Just in case you want to continue improving your surfing, we always offer special return guest discounts and we have a great 50/50 Guest Referral Program. Send us your favorite friends and family, and not only will we take care of them and make sure they have an amazing experience, everyone gets discounts!

Talk to you soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Surf lessons were great and so was the food and hospitality. They helped me actually learn to surf. The staff there obviously cares about their job. So exciting! I didnt have a chance to stay in the hotel so ill have to book a trip back.
Luis G. .

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Make sure you reserve way in advance next time to stay at the camp, thank you to our awesome staff we are normally all full all year long!

See you soon at one of the most amazing sunsets on earth!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Overall great experience in a friendly environment and most important great surfing with awesome surf guides!

We chose the rain season due to the reduced price and got perfect waves! The occasional rain showers that usually only last for 20 minutes did actually feel quite amazing out on the ocean :-)

Would always go there again!

Pura vida

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Aren't the tropical rain the most relaxing thing ever? I know that feeling of sitting down on your board in the middle of the ocean with a nice tropical rain... AMAZING! Thanks you for sharing such a great experience with everyone!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked Witch's rock on the recommendation from several friends who also surf. A big birthday in April demanded some celebration and Witch's Rock was an amazing choice.

The staff is so friendly and the surf instructors are great. Encouraging, helpful, and protective on the line up. It's also pretty inspiring to watch them surf too. Paco rocks!

The accommodations are basic, this is a surf camp so get zen and let the water roll off your back. We ended up with cold showers on two occasions after long day of surf, so that kind of sucked. Eventually fixed itself. I would highly recommend getting your evening shower in earlier, rather than later when the hot water is gone. Otherwise, an amazing stay in a good room.
Our drivers and boat captains were awesome, Maxie waxy is always smiling. Front Desk staff arranged a surprise birthday cake and mariachi band for my birthday! You guys rock!!
It really is a camp in the sense that we made some amazing friends while there and have already organized to meet again in November back at WRSC...can't wait!

Some tips: Bring your own beach towel or plan on buying one there. A cooler with ice and WATER and beer in your room wouldn't be a bad idea. If going on the Ollie's Point/Witch's Rock trip, bring cash as it costs $ to get your permit into the national park. And snacks.

Room Tip: Stay in a balcony room. More private, closer to the monkeys :-)