Just returned from a great week at Witch's Rock. Very laid back, low key vibe. Met lots of great people and enjoyed the food, beer and hospitality.
The best part, however, is the surfing. My son is an athletic 22 year old who had just ridden white water on his two or three previous outings. I have more experience and have surfed green waves, but not particularly well. We spent two days in the beginner class, then we were on boat trips with the intermediates. My son was riding down the line on 4 foot faces by the end of the week, and I carved up and down on a few larger waves. Great improvement for both of us, and entirely due to the great wave quality and variety of breaks, combined with the best instructors I have ever had, by far. Andres and Flash were outstanding, friendly, and professional in their jobs. Flash took us out on the boat for four days, and spent all of his time coaching and selecting waves for his guests. Tough for him not to ride the great surf, I am sure, but he took pride in his work and our improvement.
The beginner waves in front of the resort are very good to get newbies going. Even the board selection was reasonable for beginners/intermediates. I had a 7'6" McTavish Bobsled for the week.
I will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel