I had never surfed before, so I can't tell you how this compares to any place else, but everything from the location, instructors, waves, sandy beaches, restaurant, staff, everything was great for me. They're really set up for solo travelers and beginning surfers -- the instructors are very helpful and patient and you're going to meet plenty of great people while you're there.
Their hotel was full during my trip, but they booked me in their sister property just down the street which I really liked (and it was better in some ways than WRSC, so if they offer this to you, it was great and there's nothing to worry about). Everyone who did stay at WRSC said good things about the rooms (simple, basic rooms, but very good for what you're there for).
The people at WRSC really took care of all of us and were helpful in booking trips off the property too.
If you want an active vacation, I can't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witch's Rock Surf Camp is a small beach front hotel in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We have 18-rooms on the beach directly in front of the best surfing waves in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. We are located 45 minutes away from Liberia (LIR) Airport. We cater to surfers and anyone that wants to learn how to surf in Costa Rica. Come and join us for the surfing vacation of your life. Call Now! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Witch`s Rock Surf Camp Hotel Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Tamarindo
- Witchs Rock Surf Camp Hotel