“Perfect little hotel”

Ranked #15 of 49 Tamarindo B&B and Inns
Beijing, China
“Perfect little hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a great hotel off the main street. Unfortunately there is a bit of construction noise but it's barely worth noting as the waterfall over the pool drowns out any undesirable noise. The rooms are clean with all the little extras that make it more comfortable... A mini fridge, coffee pot, utensils, a sitting area outside your door, AC that works well, plenty of hot water and a HUGE king size bed. Breakfast is worth mentioning too as the portions are large, fresh and super tasty!

This was our last stop before heading home. We were glad to find this place and would love to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been backpacking though Central America for 3 months and decided to stay here right before my return to the US. I was dirty, tired and needed some respite. Hotel Flores was perfect. I had a large, clean room with a king size bed for $70 a night including a delicious breakfast. There was a small sitting area with cable tv, desk and mini fridge. I had an awesome window ac unit and a fan and the ceilings were high and airy. My room had a little gravel porch w chairs that overlooked the pool with it's waterfall and gardens. I could walk to everything in town including restaurants, surf shops and the beach. i could also get to the Ser Om Shanti Yoga studio in about a minute's walk. The owners of Hotel Flores are Italian and so friendly! Mrs. even helped me call shuttle agencies when on my last day, my original shuttle never showed up! Each day I would go upstairs to the little eating area on the top floor. The cook is also the houskeeper and she is a sweetheart. You choose from traditional costa rican or continental breakfast. I had toast, fruit, coffee, OJ and eggs every day. The women always made sure I got plenty to eat before I went out surfing. At night, it was quiet and peaceful. Other guests were from Germany, US and I think 1 couple from France. All very friendly. There is a cute cat named Rojo that likes to sleep in the sun and roams around. I highly recommend this place to relax and be close to everything in tamarind

Room Tip: King room overlooking the pool is great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Megstravels621
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in a one room bedroom and it had everything we needed - including a walk-in closet!. The room was very clean and the kitchen was fully equipped for us to prepare our meals almost everynight- just great. Breakfast was very good . I cannot say enough about Ornella the owner and the service lady (Luisa). They were most caring and always available for anything we needed.
The hotel is walking distance to Tamarindo center and the beach. However far enough from all the noise of Tamarindo.
When I return to Tamarindo I will certainly go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Hotel Flores is conveniently located in Tamarindo with an easy walk to the shopping and eating areas. It is very comfortable – we had all we needed. We booked a three person studio and all was ready for us upon arrival. The rooms were airy and clean and the personnel were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was prepared individually and very good. Unfortunately, there was construction across the street – something that is hard to avoid in some areas of Costa Rica.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

So, I'm the first to sing praises and rarely am negative. I will start with the pros;

1- Staff was very helpful and kind. We checked in later and the gentleman was very nice!

2- Breakfast was so good!! The cook/waitress was so sweet and even went out of her way to quickly get my pregnant wife some food before she got sick!

3- Location is amazing, so close to everything in Tamarindo! And Priced pretty good.

Con;

1- the room was very outdated and did not seem very clean. There were some bugs and it just wasn't a very comfortable room. We felt like there were bedbugs...it was a really big room but just not a good fit for us.

Overall, the stay was fine but I would not recommend this spot to any of our friends (I can't writing negative reviews...)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MattAtl12
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Comfortable and relaxing with loads of charm! The staff goes out of its way to make you feel special. The morning breakfast is fantastic and the kitchenette helps the budget-conscious. A supermarket down the street is extra convenient. Perfect location -- close to bars and restaurants, but still quiet!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great Place to stay and relax. Very peaceful. Every morning, we had our breakfast on the second floor. juices, Tasty fruits, Eggs with toast, coffee or tea. Supermarkets are very close, the beach is at 5mn from the hotel. The staff is very friendly and professional. We had a large room with a kitchen so we could cook our fishes that we daily bought from the fisherman, situated near the beach. Great Mahi-Mahi, grouper, shrimps, tuna.....

We will be back,
Thank you. MERCI

Room Tip: The room with the kitchen is great and very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple