We recently returned from an amazing stay at Los Altos de Eros. While trying to not be redundant and repeat all the wonderful things reported by other guests, we can’t possibly neglect talking about the incredible hospitality and warmth we felt while staying at this very special inn. This was our 2nd trip to Costa Rica (our first being at the Four Seasons Resort) and while the Four Seasons Resort was also a gorgeous property and service was excellent, the service at Los Altos was beyond anything we’ve ever experienced. Calvin, Jacquelyn and the entire staff were so warm and personal, and we felt that each of them genuinely wanted to make this a perfect vacation for us. They succeeded! There was nothing that we wanted that didn’t magically appear or wasn’t simply arranged. We enjoyed the remoteness of Los Altos de Eros (about 20 minutes from the nearest town) and on days we chose to relax and lounge by the pool, we felt we had the place to ourselves (although mysteriously, whenever we needed anything – a drink, a snack, a good book – there was always somebody there to deliver it!). On days we felt more adventurous, our hosts arranged for surfing lessons (we highly recommend this for everyone – the instructor Calvin and Jacquelyn put us in touch with is excellent and will have you up and surfing in no time!), canopy tour, dinner in Tamardino, or whatever else we wanted. They even did our laundry for us! One our favourite things about Los Altos de Eros was that we felt free to really make the place our home during our stay. My husband is a very early riser and loves his fresh cup of coffee right away. When Calvin heard this, he showed him around the kitchen, made sure the coffee machines were loaded and ready to go the night before, and encouraged him to feel free to hit the button and enjoy his coffee whenever he wanted. The entire property is gorgeous and very well maintained – it was a real treat to be up first and enjoy the peace and tranquility from the beautiful yoga ashram or spa. We did want to make a notable mention of one real character. Although he doesn’t make it to any of the pictures, ‘Oso’, one of two resident dogs, really added fun to our vacation. We fell in love with him and his antics and were so thrilled when Jacquelyn allowed us to take him with us on a hike around the property. (we saw lots of birds and howler monkeys on our walk!!). These are just a few of the many special touches everyone at Los Altos will indulge you. We highly recommend this to anyone looking for a perfect getaway – in addition to all we’ve said, the food was excellent, the rooms beautiful, the property impeccably clean, and the experience an all around good value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo