My husband and I stayed at Los Altos for our honeymoon in November. We didn't feel we could possibly add to the wonderful comments everyone has left that based our decision, but after reading the only bad review, felt it essential to defend the place we think of everyday.
I think our review will also be helpful because we stayed in another "top-rated B& B" listed on this site. There was NO comparison to the service (I wish we could have brought Ari home with us) the beauty of the area, the beaches, or the attention to detail and unrelenting desire for our stay to be the most memorable vacation of our lives. Even when the power went out due to some late rain (thanks global warming!) we were in awe. Not only was the thunder storm and candelight breathtaking, but Jackie and Calvin made sure we were entertained as we played poker with coffee beans only soon to find out we were playing with Pinochle cards!!
Also to address some of the claims of the [--], we have to say we found every opportunity for alone time when we needed it (try the sunset massage, romantic dinner for two, and discover and roam the amazing beaches of Playa Conchal, Brasilito, and Avellanas.) No Tamarindo wasn't a great city to be in, but the owners fully disclosed this to us and recommended we experience the "real Costa Rica" and accomodated all our wishes, for example: when we couldn't find a rental car or taxi to our next destination, Ari spent hours on the phone finding us the best deal possible; when we read an article in a local magazine about the destruction of local habitats, staff helped us find tours on eco preservation and education; when I broke my sunglasses Francisco stopped at over 5 stores so I could buy new ones. But all these accounts of service are NOTHING to the undescribable beauty that captivates you the moment you walk in. If you worried about drapes, sheets, or feeling forced to eat at a community table (which is ridiculous, because we found ourselves eating by the pool many times to experience the magnificent sunsets) than you've lost the essence of why you came and why you'll never want to leave.
***feel free to email us on this or our other experiences in Costa Rica at email@example.com
Lacey & Erik McDonald
P.S. Thanks Calvin & Jackie, everytime I listen to the Corinne Bailey Rae cd I first heard at Los Altos it takes me back to the magnificent honeymoon I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo