All reviews cooking class spa treatments other guests couples massage our honeymoon body scrub romantic dinner amazing spa daily laundry service open air cucumber lime communal table minute massage gourmet lunch costa rica soaking tub king suite
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are seasoned travelers and our stay at LADE is the best we've had thus far! The staff dotes on the guests and provides excellent service. From the yummy meals and complimentary Cuban cigars to our comfy room with an "outdoor shower", we had a truly great experience. The view from the pool over Tamarindo was breathtaking. Thank you to the staff for making our winter getaway memorable!

1  Thank jzblitz
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights and we were blown away but the gorgeous setting and fantastic hospitality. Authentic feel, high quality food and drink plus staff who make you feel like they're genuinely happy you're there! Had fun on the cookery course and I loved my 90 minute massage (it's worth the splurge as a special treat). Only minor suggestion in way of feedback is to increase the variety at breakfast as it got a little repetitive. Apart from that, bravo! We look forward to staying again when we return to beautiful Costa Rica.

1  Thank AJLEngland
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Los Altos for a week, it's was great in every way. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the accommodation 5 stars, everything from the bed linen to the toilet paper. All your needs are catered for, free shuttles to the beaches and town, free laundry service, the food is absolutely superb. Thanks everyone for making our stay perfect.
I would definitely stay here again w gen in Costa Rica... Pura vida !!!

2  Thank Paolo F
Reviewed February 8, 2017

This is not my first review, but after visiting multiple times, I felt the need to write again. We've traveled all over the world, and our favorite place to get away, kick back and truly relax is Los Altos. There is nothing better. We now know the staff, hug them all when we arrive, nearly cry when we leave, and soak up every minute in between. The food is delicious, the staff is super attentive and the atmosphere is extremely relaxing. Pack a few books, a swimsuit, 2 sets of clothes (they do your laundry everyday) and come ready to unwind.

Clarification on the additional questions on Los Altos:
I doubt they offer dry cleaning, but they do any laundry you'd like everyday. It disappears when they're cleaning your room in the morning, and it's folded and back on your bed that evening.
Do they offer a breakfast buffet? No, but it's better. They provide a delicious, homemade, local ingredient only, fresh breakfast at the community table.
Is the hotel modern? No, it's not old fashioned, but it's not new age either. It's extremely comfortable and has all of the modern conveniences that you'd expect from any hotel.
Poolside bar? No, but you won't go thirsty. If your drink gets low, someone will come by to make sure it gets refilled immediately. Try the sangria.

Room tip: All rooms are amazing. There is truly NOT a bad room, and we've tried nearly all of them.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank nolegirl217
Reviewed February 8, 2017

What a fabulous boutique hotel, if you looking a quiet hotel with the best and freshest food this is it. We moved here after a bad experience at another hotel, I'm still kicking myself for booking Los Altos in the first place, personal service, clean rooms, the best Spa in Costa Rica not to mention both the owners coming to check on you personally wow wow wow we will be back. The staff can't do enough for you they are all so kind and caring.
They even shuttle you to town for free whenever you need to go,

1  Thank tittim65