Los Altos de Eros
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$103
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$202
Bookit.com
$231
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
$106
$100
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$142
$221
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Hotels.com
All reviewscooking classspa treatmentsother guestscouples massagesunset massageour honeymoonbody scrubromantic dinneramazing spaopen airheaven and earthdaily laundry servicequeen roomminute massagecommunal tablegourmet lunchcosta rica
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at two different places on this trip to Costa Rica. We first started at an all
Inclusive and when we were leaving there my husband and I were both worried that LADE would fall short. We were SO WRONG. This place was even better then the all inclusive. So I will go through the fears we had and what really happened. Being in the health field I work on/ with people all day. On vacation is when I usually keep to myself. We both were worried about the eating situation ( we both really aren't morning people also). I am so glad it is set up the way it is. We met some wonderful people that we will keep in contact with! We also shared info on restaurants and things to do during meals. We thought LADE couldn't live up to service we had at the all inclusive. Oh my.... They were even better!!! The ladies in the kitchen are amazing, the chef speaks English but some of the others don't.... But they so sweet and even with language barriers help so much if you need anything. The managers are extremely caring and wonderful to talk to. I could have sat there and talked to them for hours if we didn't have things planned. I thought we would miss not being right in the beach at LADE. It was so simple to get the beach ( either by their shuttle or a car rental). We went to both beaches and actually really enjoyed laying by the pool.
The food is amazing here. We had a few dinners there and they were great. They were also very happy to make me something else when what was planned for dinner was something I can't eat.
We stayed in the detached king and it was great. It was very roomy. If people got cabs back late at night we could hear them pull up to place, but other then that it was quite during sleeping hours.
My husband enjoyed the complimentary cigars and actually bought a box of them to bring home.
Really good drinks. They make the best mojitos I have ever had.
The spa is wonderful. The lunch they serve for the spa day is great and the services you get to choice from are good ones and worth the very inexpensive price! I was at the spa 3 of the 6 days we were there. If you get the two attendant massage I do recommend not getting the coconut. You stick to the plastic. I thing regular cream/oil would work better( but the coconut is an experience). I had a papaya wrap. They use real papaya instead of chemical based products with fake smelling papaya.
I do want people to know LADE is in the jungle... So you get to see cool things right outside your room ( or not so cool if you are afraid). We had a beautiful boa constrictor right next to our porch. Now they would have moved it quickly if we wanted them to, but it was so neat to film and watch it. The first night we saw a scorpion with babies on her back. Lots of monkeys and iguanas. We learned to spray ( there is bug spray in your rooms) a strip across the floor at our door every night. It helped to keep bugs from getting under the door and it worked because there would be dead bugs on the porch in the morning.
This hotel ( I really want to say family instead of hotel) is amazing and we got to relax and do fun activities while staying there. We will be back. It is for sale and my husband and I discussed what/ if we would do to buy it. I would love to find someone we know to buy it.
Do not hesitate to stay here. You will love it!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 3, 2016

“LADE!" A Heavenly Place!

My husband, best friend and I reserved LADE's "Spa Day Package" which included:
1. A manicure/pedicure OR a one and half hour massage.
2. Two additional treatments, including facials, scrubs, wraps, and the Indonesian Soaking Tub.
3. A Gourmet Lunch with wine.
4. Transportation to and from the local area.

FYI: Bring your swimsuit to wear in the large heated hydro-therapy tub. (But check, the tub was too hot to use the day we were there, but we had planned on using it.)

The price of this package is $250 per person (not inc. gratuities.) (BTW: Had I paid for each of my treatments separately, the price would have been $315, so the Spa Day is a GREAT value!)

We were picked up by Antonio and delivered to “LADE," where we were nicely welcomed at the door. (We were also asked if we had any food allergies.) We were then shown to their private spa hut and seated in the main area with the whirlpool tub. This is also where lunch is served. I must admit that as soon as we entered the Spa Area, we were overcome with a feeling of intense relaxation. (But, don't worry . . . you'll leave with an overabundance of intense relaxation!)

After receiving some ice water "con flores," we were handed their “Spa Menu” from which to choose our 3 services. Between us, we enjoyed their Signature Massage, Mani-Pedi, Facial, Body Scrub and Indonesian Soaking Tub.

LADE's “Signature Massage” is 1-1/2 hours and the setting is an open air platform overlooking trees, an intense blue sky and in the distance, the Pacific Ocean. Other than the feel and sound of the wind whistling around you, there was only silence. (How refreshing!) We’d left the hustle and bustle of a beach town and were deposited in a location where time was of no importance! (Even MORE refreshing!) Our massages were beyond excellent and my best friend and I both agreed - these massages were THE best we had ever had!

I then enjoyed the "Chocolate, Coffee and Vanilla Body Scrub" and, for 45 minutes, was totally enveloped in these intense smells, which for a chocoholic like myself, was pure bliss!! This treatment was also given in the open air platform.

After I was done, I was led to a little hut with a straw roof. It turned out that this was a shower where I could wash off my “dessert” treatment. There was soap, shampoo, body wash and body cream to enjoy. And while I showered a plush "toalla" and fresh bathrobe were discreetly placed over the door for me to use when I was done.

I was then pampered even more with my 3rd service, a “Honey Oatmeal Facial." And, yes . . . It TOO was amazing!

My husband chose the “Red Clay Facial,” a 90 minute “Mani-Pedi” and the “Indonesian Soaking Tub” for his 3 services. He enjoyed himself SO much that he was attempting to speak Spanish with Grace, his Attendant, which for him, was unheard of!! My best friend enjoyed her "Signature Massage," "Honey Oatmeal Facial" and the "Indonesian Soaking Tub." Both my husband and my best friend “oohed” and “aahed” about the “Indonesian Soaking Tub.” It was filled with “frutas y flores” and it, too, was in an open air setting! There was also fruit for them to eat while soaking!

When we were finished our treatments, we returned to the main area, where lunch had been set out for us. It was delicioso and included chicken skewers, salad and fruit w dressing, ceviche and beef carpaccio w dressing. We’d also been served wine, smoothies and ice water for “bebidas.” There was more than enough food, but we did manage to save room for dessert, which was an ice cream/whip cream molded treat. It was rich and refreshing!

We'd all had a wonderful, wonderful day and were SOOOOO relaxed! We agreed that our "Spa Day" was awesome and more than worth the price! We paid for our services (and our attendants MORE then deserved their gratuities!) and were returned back to our Condo in Tamarindo by Edwin. (On the way back Edwin saw a troop of monkeys and pulled over for us to see them and take photos. That was an ADDED bonus!)

We must, though, make special mention of our FANTASTIC, AMAZING, TALENTED, SWEET and OUTSTANDING Attendants. My husband had Grace; my best friend, Cexni; and, I had Marta. Not only did we receive service from them far beyond our expectations, but they were so professional and calm. We couldn't help but be totally relaxed. And, we never had to ask for a thing, because they anticipated anything and everything! So, MUCHAS GRACIAS Marta, Grace y Cexni! You all made our special day even more perfect!

Thank you, LADE! We've already booked our Condo in Tamarindo for next year and we WILL be returning to enjoy yet another perfect day in paradise! (BTW: "Los Altos de Eros" translates to "The Highs of Eros." "Eros" was the Greek god of love.)

TIP: Make sure when you reserve your "Spa Day" that LADE is absolutely certain they know where to pick you up. Last year we were picked up just fine at 9:00 a.m., but this year, despite staying in the exact same Condo, we still hadn't been picked up by 9:30.

When I called wondering where they were, the driver had been given the wrong pickup location for us. LADE had not tried to call us to confirm our address, so had I not called . . . . So just DOUBLE CHECK when you make your reservation!

Room Tip: Enjoy the "Spa Day," as it's the most cost effective, plus you get to enjoy an AWESOME lunch!
Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank TerrierWhoTravels
Reviewed January 16, 2016

The property is beautiful, the owners and staff great, the food is superb, but it's not for everyone. You eat at a communal table, so if you want your privacy during breakfast and lunch, this isn't for you. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting other couples and getting to know them. Excellent spa. The regular rooms are on the small side, but wasn't really an issue for us. We didn't have a car, but they will drive you to dinner in Tamarindo and pick you up, take you to the beach and pick you up, etc. Totally pampered. The breakfasts were fine, if somewhat standard, but the included lunches were excellent. They were so accommodating that anytime they made something spicy, they made a version that wasn't spicy for my wife. We ate several dinners here, and the food and service were excellent. Took the cooking class which was fun and the resulting dinner was excellent.

Room Tip: If you want more space, choose either the upstairs suite or the detached suite.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald S
Reviewed January 15, 2016 via mobile

What an amazing spot. Not only is the property beautiful but it is impeccably run. Our flight was delayed, which meant we arrived at about 11 pm. We found a tray of food and cold drinks waiting for us. They anticipated that we would need it after a long day of travel. This would be the theme for our entire stay. They do an outstanding job of anticipating your every want.

The property has six rooms and a spa. It is a brilliant business model. A small hotel, which allows for attentiveness to every guest and a luxury spa, allowing for addition revenue without the higher overhead of the hotel.

We stayed for two nights but came back for spa treatments. Every person we talked to had the highest praise for this place. We found this place on Trip Advisor but we were unique in that regard. Everyone knew someone who had been there and were told they "absolutely must visit".

I suggest you visit very soon. Las Altos is for sale, some smart investor will buy it and you'll lose the chance to see it run by the husband and wife team who own it today. A new owner won't change the beauty of the place and probably won't change how it is run but they won't have Jacqueline (owner) there to pay attention to every impeccable detail.

One suggestion: they will offer to pick you up, even if you have a car. They will give you the option to follow them in your rental car. Take them up on the offer. We had been to Tamarindo before and felt like we could easily find our own way. Turns out they were right and we were wrong. Part of the beauty of this place is how remote it is, but that also means it is tough to find. They will offer to help, I strongly suggest you let them.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S A
Reviewed January 13, 2016

We were lucky enough to come by and enjoy the spa for the afternoon. I had an amazing Lomi Lomi massage, volcanic mud body wrap, and facial. Very reasonable cost and well worth every penny! We were also served a delicious lunch perhaps the best meal I had in Costa Rica over my ten day stay. I didn't stay at LADE but I plan to in the future. I also have to mention the attentive and lovely staff it was an overall fantastic experience.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends