“Such a wonderful place and wonderful people!”
Review of Los Altos de Eros

Los Altos de Eros
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
“Such a wonderful place and wonderful people!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I travel a lot, but this is the first review I have written on Trip Advisor. Our stay at LADE was so great that I had to write a review. It was so wonderful to have so much included, from transportation to laundry to food and drinks. We stayed in the King Bed room with a private patio, and it felt very private and the room was very spacious. The facilities as a whole are gorgeous and everything is maintained perfectly. The food was some of the best I've ever had. Everything was fresh and we had a great variety of food. Chef Andrea is very talented.

One of the highlights of the trip was the Real Costa Rica tour with Francisco. We had a great time in Santa Cruz and Francisco is a very enjoyable, knowledgeable guide. We also took the sunset cruise and really enjoyed that as well. Playa Avellenas is definitely worth a visit, too.

The entire staff at LADE does everything possible to make sure your visit is perfect. My husband and I really felt that staying at LADE gave us the perfect balance of relaxing and exploring Costa Rica. We are already planning our next visit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JessicaDPage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Los Altos has it down---from the hotel to the spa. Great experience in an idealic spot--close to things, but still the feeling of being removed. Best massage by Marta (she's awesome) and the facial and body scrub left me feeling like a new person. If you are thinking about Los Altos for a stay or spa services, you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mediatica26
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I went for a spa day together and both of us were blown away by how amazing it was. It was clean, staff was friendly. It was the best massage I've ever gotten. Worth every penny and won't be the last time we go there! We both got the hour and half massage. Then the coconut scrub. I got the honey/oatmeal facial which was awesome. My mom did a soaking tub(chocolate) and loved it. Lunch after our treatments was great! Can't say enough good things about this place! Highly recommend it! The dog is cute too :)

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 007mkvrb
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This hotel is amazing! The service is impeccable. There is literally 5 staff members for every guest at the hotel. The food is delicious and they will cater to your dietary needs. The view from the mountainside is remarkable, as is the spa that is basically carved into the mountainside. The staff will drive you into the town of Tamarindo which is about 20 mins away or to any nearby excursion you want. Los Altos is Heaven on Earth and I think everyone should stay here at least once in their life..it should be on everyone's Bucketlist!

Room Tip: i booked the regular queen sized room and it was perfect! we hardly spent time in the room, so it wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina225
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have to say, the spa at Los Altos de Eros has to be hands down my favorite spa in the world!

From the moment you arrive (via the spa's driver) you are welcomed by the friendly and well trained staff. You are then taken to the lounge area and offered hot tea, water, wine or their infamous hibiscus iced tea, and then forced to make the most difficult decision of the day... which three spa treatments you would like to indulge in.

I chose the hour and a half massage, the oatmeal/honey body scrub and the cucumber lime facial. However, the Indonesian soaking tub and volcanic mud wrap were very tempting!

Upon making your reservation, the staff asks if you have any food allergies. They easily accommodated my mother's gluten-free diet and my seafood dislike.

The spa treatments are truly the best I have ever had (and I am a spa fanatic!) and the food incredible. The staff even surprised me with the most delicious chocolate birthday cake I have ever tasted, as well as an incredible gluten-free dessert for my mother that was to die for.

AND to top it off, their prices are so reasonable!!!

I would highly recommend, and everyone that knows me knows this is my favorite indulgence and hands down the best spa I have ever been to! (Just in case you are wondering, my second favorite spa has to be the Ritz Carlton in Beaver Creek, Colorado.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank KimToltz
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I have traveled quite a bit and needed a relaxing five days. Since I speak Spanish, we decided to go to Costa Rica. After much reading, we hit upon Los Altos. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, to the return drive at the end of five days, this was by far the best vacation of this kind that we have ever had. The rooms are not fancy, but are simply perfect, comfortable, clean, bright and cheery. Since there are only six rooms, and breakfasts and Saturday dinner are included in the price, we met a wide variety of other people of various ages and from other parts of the US and Canada. That was an enormous part of the enjoyment of the trip. We ate together, drank together, got to know one another, took a day trip with another couple, and basked in relaxed time by ourselves and with others. We cannot rave enough about the meals, tasty, beautifully presented, plentiful, and the cooks were happy to accommodate the needs and desires of the guests in terms of allergies or personal preference. One night my husband wanted to make margaritas for everyone, so we went to the store for the necessary ingredients and the staff provided the appropriate glasses and utensils. The staff is friendly and helpful but is not in any way intrusive or obsequious. We spent a marvelous morning in Santa Cruz for market day and went to Guaitil to witness the pottery production so famous there, buying several marvelous pieces at the same time. Our only regret was not staying for a longer time. We have already planned our next trip to LADE, hoping to see a bit more of Costa Rica, but ending with the perfection of another stay at what is simply the most wonderful destination that we have had the pleasure of visiting. My only concern in writing this review is that many others will find out about LADE, and we will not be able to make a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to stay in one of the four rooms adjacent to the pool. I was a bit worried about...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CWRL
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were picked up at our hotel, and driven to this piece of paradise in the mountains. We were served chilled wine, and taken to our bungalows to change into our robes. We chose 3 luxury treatments of our choice and were later served a gourmet lunch. Lunch was DELICIOUS! and the spa treatments were out of this world, all while staring out into the open mountain views and listening to tranquil waterfalls. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple