“pure relaxation”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Tamarindo
Detroit, Michigan
“pure relaxation”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week in January. It met every 5 star review I had read. It is the perfect place to unwind. We enjoyed the services and the atmosphere at the spa. The romantic dinner and massage was wonderful, so happy we signed up for it. We ate all our meals there except two. The food was fabulous, fresh and healthy. Chef Andrea is quite a talent! The entire staff was delightful. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights at LADE and left completely relaxed! The service here is absolutely fantastic and you won't want to stay anywhere else after you've been here. We are looking forward to planning our next trip here!

Room Tip: We stayed in both suites and enjoyed them both. If you want to have a private covered terrace with s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hinton, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 days at LADE at the end of out 9 day holiday. This hotel is a great place to just relax. The service is excellent and the relaxed atmosphere was perfect. The food was amazing. The couples sunset massage and dinner was a neat experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicpic_10
South Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at a villa in Tamarindo, but my daughter and I took advantage of the spa special. Wonderul, relaxing time - first class all the way. The drive in can be a little scary, but once you arrive, the whole atmosphere changes and the pampering begins. Hated to leave after a delicious lunch with wine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 3L
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went with a girl friend to experiment the Spa at Los Altos de Eros. It is beautiful, up in the mountain, very simple but comfortable and welcoming. I had a massage for 125$ and a facial for 95$. My friend had a manicure and pedicure for 95$. The service was really good, the girls that work there are professional. It s a bit pricey considering that where ever you go in Costa Rica these services would be at least half the price, but the place is so magical that it makes you feel like it worth it. The only disappointment was that after my services, it was around 4h30 in the afternoon and we were rushed out to pay and leave. When I spend that kind of money in a Spa, I expect to at least be able to enjoy the place for half an hour on a long chair or by the nice little jacuzzi they have.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Portage la Prairie
Reviewed February 16, 2014

With friends, I sampled the spa. Arriving on time we were warmly greeted @ 09:30. We were offered a refreshing drink. Eventually, our specific requests were written down. I chose a 1 hour massage, body wrap with papaya and body scrub with honey and milk. Eventually, we met our individual attendants and were ushered to our rooms. We all had great vista views of the valley. It is dry season, so fewer colours. I was told we would begin with the papaya body wrap. My first wrap of any kind. It went well. The shower facilities were somewhat questionable. (an old soap bar on a window sill and a large beetle under my towel) Next, I was told I would be having my massage. I found that the massage table was without adjustable face rest. This immediately provided discomfort. (our group all had similar concerns) Shortly thereafter, I asked that we dispense with it altogether. This provided another discomfort, this time to my throat but was still an improvement. The masseuse was decent and eventually relaxed my neck. After another shower, I was told it was time for my facial. Surprised, I reminded the attendant that I had selected the body scrub option. She also appeared surprised. While face down, the body scrub began. When I moved to the face up position, I realized that I had been covered in oatmeal. Not at all what I had chosen but I carried on without complaint as this was also a first. Following another shower, my group met for lunch, provided for us by the spa. It was well prepared, served cafeteria style with lovely wine. Dessert followed and the experience came to an end. I found the over all experience to be of an average type, mostly based on the massage portion. Poor massage tables, questionable shower facility, great views, lovely lunch and wine. We arrived and departed with our own vehicle. A price concession was offered for that.

Room Tip: Take your swim suit.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cannuck55
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Don't waste your time or money anywhere else! We came here for our honeymoon and in soo glad we did! I can't even begin to describe how wonderful everyone at LADE is. They are so sweet and are always making sure you have everything you need. Also, huge perk (at least we thought so) they do your laundry everyday!! Came home with clean clothes!! Also chef Andrea is so amazing I wanted to hide her in our luggage. I have never had such delicious food on vacation. I wish I had time to write in all the wonderful little details but you really should just try it out yourself, you won't be disappointed:)

• Stayed January 2014