“Heaven is there” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Los Altos de Eros

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Los Altos de Eros
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Tamarindo
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Heaven is there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hi, I've been to Los Altos de Eros at June 2010. On my honeymoon.

So far, it's been the best place I've stayed in.
The facilities and the crew are amazing. The food is out of this world.
Another cool thing, is that we got to sit to dinner with 3-4 other couples at the same table.
cigars after dinner,drinks by the pool.. but I will let you discover the other surprises on your own.
Book it. Don't even think about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roseshakifi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I took the girls in my family to this spa and we had a wonderful time. The only change I would ask for is to be served lunch in the midst of the services.
We bought the three treatment plus lunch experience. They indulged us in all three treatments before they served lunch. I would have liked lunch between the second and third treatment.
It was just too long to be lying down and relaxing.

Room Tip: We didnt stay here but came to the spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SB1977
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I chose Los Altos de Eros as our honeymoon destination in February of this year. Best vacation decision I have ever made. When I travel I really like to have activities lined up since I can't sit around for very long and love to explore. I was somewhat nervous about this trip because it was a small resort and our activities were restricted a bit due to another baby coming this Summer. After the first day it was obvious this place was different. My wife, who was five months pregnant, was treated like a queen. I have never been so relaxed in my life.

The staff at Los Altos is amazing. Tatiana, Ari, & Rosemary are fantastic hosts and will set up any adventure you wish to take. The drivers are very nice guys and you can learn a lot about Costa Rica and the Tamarindo area by talking to them on the rides. Not a massage guy but had 4 massages on this trip - amazing! My wife and I booked the sunset dinner and massage for two and highly recommend it. Also did Catamaran tour and snorkel which was fun.

My favorite part about our trip was the communal meals and the conversations that started there. We were able to share the experience with a lot of great people. The only place I have been where I can have five star food while wearing sandals and a white t-shirt! Chef Andrea cooks great food! They will also cook what you catch; We caught a Tuna and Chef Andrea made up some seared sushi for everyone at dinner.

It is difficult to write a review that does justice to Los Altos de Eros because we truly enjoyed every aspect of this trip. The owners have hired excellent people and treat them well - they like their jobs and it shows. Last thing; the climate is perfect here...you will probably want to self-deport yourself to Tamarindo after your stay

Thanks to the warm and memorable staff for making our vacation the best we have had.

Steve and Michelle F
Minnesota, USA

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eros Suite. Whoa..... for a little more money your room size more than doubles an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The wife and I honestly tried to find somewhere else to go for spring break, but we eventually grew tired of comparing all the other places to LADE and decided to book another stay. This time we stayed in a queen room, which suited us just fine, even though we overpacked, again.

The service is impeccable as usual, the staff somehow knows what you want, before you want it. Chef Andrea is also an excellent addition to LADE. We initially planned on eating more in Tamarindo this trip. We ended up eating in town once, and we found ourselves jealous of what the other guests had for dinner!

Another new addition is a tour to Santa Cruz to visit the farmers market, as well as a some local artists (pottery and wood carving), shop around town, and eat at a local restaurant. The tour is led by Francisco, and he is truly an amazing ambassador for the region, he is beaming with pride for his country. It was so nice to see some real Costa Rica, and eat some authentic food. Tamarindo is nice, but is more of an international city now.

Overall the trip was just as great as our first visit, and the new additions made it just that much better. We made some great friends during our stay, and can't wait to book our next trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt M
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I agree with every positive comment about this hotel . The service was great etc. The only problem was when we went to pay the bill the night before our departure. We were charged 400.00 more than was quoted. We had the king package which included 200.00 in spa credits , a catamaran cruise and a canopy tour. We used all the spa credits and we took the catamaran cruise . We decided to skip the canopy tour and relax and have dinner at the hotel the our last night there. Due to the fact we never took the canopy tour we were charged 170.00 for the catamarn cruise and 200.00 for the spa. Apparantly to activate the package you have to do all the things included in the package. It makes no sense to me to charge us extra money . You would think they would have saved money by not driving us to the canopy tour and paying for our canopy tour so why penalize us? If we didnt drink our bottle of champagne would that be considered not using the full package also? After explaining to the lady working the desk how upset I was she agreed to lower the fee 100.00 . Thats all she was willing to do for us. Why was it not meantioned on there web site that this is there policy? Why was it not meationed to us when we checked in? Why does a hotel of this caliber have to resort to this kind of deceptive advertising? I wrote a email when I got home to Tatiana the manager. She appologized and agreed with me that it should have been meantioned to us and that they take our comments seriously. The appology was nice but 300.00 is 300.00. If any one asks me about this place I have to tell them the truth its great just make sure you do everything in your package or you will be charged for everthing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark D
CalvinEros, General Manager at Los Altos de Eros, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Mark,

We are so sorry about the confusion. Our staff is bi-lingual, but English is not their first language and sometimes things get a little confusing-which is what happened in this case. Our policy is to deduct 'tours' or other add-ons in a package that you do not elect to do, and there are no penalties when this option is exercised....that is not the way we do business here at Los Altos de Eros Boutique Hotel and Spa. So, we are so sorry for the miscommunication on our part, and we have today started the process to credit your credit card by $300. We look forward to your next visit, and we will be happy to provide you with some special pricing!

Best regards
Tatiana Chavarria
LADE
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My sister and I spent a day at Spa de Eros during our recent trip to Tamarindo. What a fantastic, relaxing, exquisite experience. If I could think of more superlatives I would add them. We were picked up at our condo and taken over the bumpy roads to the spa/hotel. The driver even stopped along the way to point out monkeys. Our pampering began with juice and tea. We were then assigned our wonderful massage therapists who took us away into another world. The treatment rooms are open air with amazing views of the mountains. The wind blew gently as we settled in to our 90 minute massages. Next came a chocolate wrap, followed by a cucumber facial. Lunch was tailored to our dietary needs and was delicious. . We lounged around for a while then were taken back to Playa Langosta. If you have the opportunity to visit this special place - DO IT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank catzen
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

There are many reasons to visit Costa Rica and I first started going there twelve years ago. LADE is a lovely little getaway all by itself. Who would have thought that this six room "resort" could stand on its own as a destination. We stayed seven nights and hardly left the property. But don't hesitate to explore. Your hosts will guide you to the best the area has. They can direct you to zip lining, surfing lessons, a cat sail or a beach visit. All are fine choices. But, if you are also going to the mountain/volcano area, you might want to save your zip lining and hiking energy for the more attractive opportunities there and lay back and enjoy the charm of LADE.
You will not get any better meals in Tamarindo but you may want to chase down a lobster dinner in town or putz around in this tipico CR beach town. The food at LADE is excellent as is the service and setting. If you go out for a night you will definitely wonder what you missed "at home".
Still, this is not for everyone. Read the other reviews to make sure this is the kind of place you want to stay. This is an adult place. This is not a party place. You should meet interesting and discerning travelers but there is a certain luck of the draw.
This staff is outstanding! All they want is to please you. And they will.
We'll be back. Rick C