I don't know where to begin...the location, service, views, food, people - All were amazing.
We planned this trip for our 20th anniversary, my sister recommended it. (She had been there 5 years earlier) My husband and I travel a lot and we were looking for something different for our anniversary. LADE exceeded every expectation.
We were greeted at the airport and driven to our hotel (they drive you everywhere as part of the experience) We drove unpaved dirt roads and when we turned up a very steep dirt road to get to the hotel, my husband looked at me and said "Where are you taking me??" Well, all doubts were dismissed when we walked through the doors and saw the most amazing view! We never wanted to leave!
We were the only guests our first night and they prepared a romantic dinner for two by the pool. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was fresh and delicious. We had dinner every night at LADE there really was no reason to leave. Ever meal was a surprise, but it was always amazing.
We enjoyed the Couples Sunset Massage. An absolute must do!! It's a night we will never forget. They close the open air spa to the rest of the guests and you have complete privacy for the entire night. We both enjoyed a massage, then we went out by the jacuzzi and enjoyed champagne and strawberries. They served dinner an hour later, we relaxed, enjoyed the jacuzzi and looked at the most amazing sunset with the sounds that could put you to sleep.
Our room was the detached King and it was spacious and quiet (it is dark most of the day, the other rooms were much brighter, but we loved it). The room had an outdoor seating area with chairs and lounges with a tv (not that we watched it that much) but it made your living area seem much larger. Every morning Coco, the chocolate lab "watch dog," joined us on our deck and hung out while we enjoyed our Costa Rican coffee.
The staff did our laundry, planned our trips, cooked every meal. It was glorious!
One of my favorite memories was when we returned from our Zip-lining adventure. We had missed lunch, but they welcomed us "home", asked how our trip was and said that our lunch would be served in 5 minutes. Where do you get service like that? We sat down to a delicious pesto pasta meal with fresh salad and a yummy dessert!
We met several couples throughout the week and we really enjoyed the communal eating arrangements. The rest of the couples ate every meal there as well.
When I went on Trip Advisor to look at the reviews for LADE I couldn't believe this place could live up to the reviews and expectations. Well, LADE does meet and exceeds all your expectations. This is a must go vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 5-Star Costa Rica boutique hotel & spa resting on a 27 acre estate atop a small mountain with stunning views to the Pacific Ocean. Within a 15 minute drive, (which we provide to you as a courtesy) you can surf, swim at two beaches, shop, take a canopy tour, go sport fishing, ride horses or ATV's, play golf, visit nearby towns, nightlife, restaurants. Day trips are available for whitewater tubing, rappelling down waterfalls, hot volcanic mud baths, and river experiences with crocodiles and with white faced monkeys in your boat! Rates Include: - Transportation to towns, beaches, shopping and all area attractions. - Full breakfast and delicious lunch every day. - Wash, dry, fold, iron laundry service. - Free Cuban cigars. - Exercise center, WiFi. - Concierge level service- 3 to 1 staff to guest ratio. - Coco the Chocolate Lab. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Los Altos de Eros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos De Eros Hotel Tamarindo
- Los Altos De Eros Tamarindo