“An Elegant Warm Welcoming Place Off the Beaten Path”
Review of Lilly's Bistro & Lounge - CLOSED

Lilly's Bistro & Lounge
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Highland, Maryland
“An Elegant Warm Welcoming Place Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One of the tour operators, when I asked about local eats, recommended Lilly's. We arrived at 9:45 one night -- was closing at 10, and they were happy to receive us. We met the owner Phillippe, and later his wonderful wife Celine, and before we knew it, we felt like locals! This was really nice after having the rather "isolated in a crowd" tourist experience for several days. The wine suggested by Guilles was superb, my fish was moist and wonderful, I dont remember what she had. When it was time to go, we asked if they could call us a taxi. Langosta being a few minutes away from the hubbub of Tamarindo, they said --- "Hey, the chef's going that way and he's done for the night -- he'll take you!." And so he did, another friend made. I'm ready to move there now!

Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
“Better yet”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I try to never judge a restaurant after one visit, but Ive eaten at Lilly's three times since it opened and find the food,service and atmosphere better than average for Tamarindo/Playa Langosta. Before the current owners opened Lilly's they spent a lot of time and money remodeling and landscaping. I had known of two other restaurants in this location before and neither was successful. Lilly's appears to have turned it around. The sirloin au poive and the Moroccan chicken are the only entrees I have tried, but I recommend both. Their wine selection is great. Their prices aren't cheap by any means, there are no cheap, fine dining restaurants in Tamarindo.

chicago
“Superb cuisine, atmosphere and welcoming hosts”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Tamarindo, definitely worth a $4 taxi to quite Langosta. The ambience is romantic, chic yet perfectly relaxed, this is a beach town after all so even though the room seems elegant, you can still wear your flip flops. My favorite is the Salad w/ Tuna and moroccan stew and of course the chocolate souffle for dessert. I send all my visiting friends here and everyone loves it. It's perfect for large groups, romantic dates, or even solo just enjoying one of their creative and delicious cocktails at the bar. It's open air at it's best.

• Visited January 2014
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Great food, service, and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were at Lilly's on Valentine's day as well as our last night in Costa Rica. Such a beautiful restaurant with wonderful food. So fun to chat with Francis. Staff was very friendly and fun! It was actually quite reasonably priced for the quality of food (our dinner at the JW Marriot was way more expensive and not nearly as delicious). Thanks for the great experiences!

La Riviere, Canada
“Fantastic Dinner!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went to Lily's with my husband and two other couples on our first night in Langosta. We knew nothing about it, but it was just around the corner from our house, so we decided to try there for my friend's birthday dinner. We were not disappointed! It is expensive (drinks are $10) but the food is definitely worth it! I had the lobster burger which was very good! Good amount of lobster, without the lobster price! Plus the fries it was served with were fantastic! My husband and 2 friends each had the catch of the day, which was red snapper. It was amazing! I couldn't stop myself from picking at my hubby's plate!! When we told the server that it was our friend's birthday, he told him that he could have a special 'surf and turf' dinner that is not regularly on the menu. This dinner set the bar for our stay in Tamarindo - we found ourselves talking about Lily's all week!!