“Better yet”

Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I try to never judge a restaurant after one visit, but Ive eaten at Lilly's three times since it opened and find the food,service and atmosphere better than average for Tamarindo/Playa Langosta. Before the current owners opened Lilly's they spent a lot of time and money remodeling and landscaping. I had known of two other restaurants in this location before and neither was successful. Lilly's appears to have turned it around. The sirloin au poive and the Moroccan chicken are the only entrees I have tried, but I recommend both. Their wine selection is great. Their prices aren't cheap by any means, there are no cheap, fine dining restaurants in Tamarindo.

There are newer reviews for Lilly's Bistro & Lounge

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Tamarindo, definitely worth a $4 taxi to quite Langosta. The ambience is romantic, chic yet perfectly relaxed, this is a beach town after all so even though the room seems elegant, you can still wear your flip flops. My favorite is the Salad w/ Tuna and moroccan stew and of course the chocolate souffle for dessert. I send all my visiting friends here and everyone loves it. It's perfect for large groups, romantic dates, or even solo just enjoying one of their creative and delicious cocktails at the bar. It's open air at it's best.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were at Lilly's on Valentine's day as well as our last night in Costa Rica. Such a beautiful restaurant with wonderful food. So fun to chat with Francis. Staff was very friendly and fun! It was actually quite reasonably priced for the quality of food (our dinner at the JW Marriot was way more expensive and not nearly as delicious). Thanks for the great experiences!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went to Lily's with my husband and two other couples on our first night in Langosta. We knew nothing about it, but it was just around the corner from our house, so we decided to try there for my friend's birthday dinner. We were not disappointed! It is expensive (drinks are $10) but the food is definitely worth it! I had the lobster burger which was very good! Good amount of lobster, without the lobster price! Plus the fries it was served with were fantastic! My husband and 2 friends each had the catch of the day, which was red snapper. It was amazing! I couldn't stop myself from picking at my hubby's plate!! When we told the server that it was our friend's birthday, he told him that he could have a special 'surf and turf' dinner that is not regularly on the menu. This dinner set the bar for our stay in Tamarindo - we found ourselves talking about Lily's all week!!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The food at Lilly's is actually quite good - except, as noted by one other reviewer, the calamari, which is tough and tasteless. However, it is expensive, and there are several restaurants within Tamarindo that have better food at better prices.

My wife had scallops one evening that were delicious, so when we returned, I decided I'd like to try the same dish. The manager, Nikoli, a man I've known for two or three years now, told me that if I added another $17 to this dish (already $23), making the total $40, he would "add a lobster" to the meal. I chose this option, but when the meal came, it had only one-half a lobster and he had cut the number of scallops in half, compared to what my wife had on a previous evening. I was quite prepared to tell him my thoughts, but he never came to the table to ask me how I like it, and when it was time for us to checkout, the live music had started and it was simply easier to pay and leave.