“Can't be beat”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Tonight was the 3rd time my wife and I have eaten at Carlos & Carlos. All 3 times we have ordered different entres and each has been superior. We were commenting during dinner as to whether this is the best restaurant in Tamarindo. Result? This is one of the 5 best restaurants I've eaten at in the WORLD. I'm 66 years old and have eaten at a lot of restaurants. The sauces are incomparable. The homemade pasta and the beef are tender and light. The best veal EVER. The sea food is done to perfection.

1  Thank charlie88312
CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dearest friend,

We were honor to have you, and we are grateful for your wonderful revue, as an owner I feel totally proud of everyone in Tamarindo, thank you so very much for sharing with others your thoughts,

Carlos

Reviewed March 29, 2014

After a full week in Tamarindo, we wanted a nice sit down meal in air conditioning! We happened upon Carlos and Carlos and were pleasantly surprised with the service and food. From the appetizer to the dessert, everything was amazing and the prices were great!

1  Thank Heather H
CarlosyCarlos, Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

We are delighted at Carlos & Carlos, we realized that we ought to perform to the best of our abilities with every dear customer, but I can not tell you how wonderful it feels to read revues or notes like this.

Being a waiter or a Manager is very rewarding when you hear that your efforts are paying off,

Juan Francisco Gonzalez

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I were given some names of restaurants by our hotel. The first night we went to one of the others and were disappointed. Our second night we stopped at Carlos and Carlos especially since it was recommended by a couple we met on a snorkeling trip. We were both very pleased with our dinners which I can say were among the most memorable I have had in a long, long time. We returned the next night (our last in Guancaste) and were equally pleased with that nights special Veal dish. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Randolph P
CarlosyCarlos, General Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time and write about your experience... I assure you that we will try to get the fifth star that was missing on your revue, we beg you to share with us what it would take to earn it.

Over all we are pleased that you enjoyed Tamarindo better because of us,

Juan Francisco

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Wow! Often do you see a restaurant where diners are raving about the food as soon as they walk out the door? Carlos y Carlos relocated their place right in the town of Tamarindo, only a five minute walk from the Diria Hotel. Everything we ordered was excellent: beet salad, black pasta, mahi mahi, fettuccine with chicken, and the favorite of everyone- Sea Bass Mediterranean. I've never tasted sea bass that was this delicious.

The service is excellent and friendly, and the drinks are reasonably priced with bottles of wine in the $20 range. The decor is welcoming and upscale.

Don't miss this culinary delight if you are visiting Tamarindo!

1  Thank Janet C
CarlosyCarlos, Owner at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

How can anyone be so gracious and thankful after reading such a comment? we all as a group feel quite humble and honestely thankful.

We feel honor and grateful for your visit, thank you

Carlos

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We first visited Carlos y Carlos about a year ago when they were located near Playa Flamingo and loved it! We recently returned to Costa Rica and were disappointed to see they were gone from the previous location. Our first thought was that they had gone out of business… To our delight we soon discovered that they were still in business and had just relocated to a better location in Tamarindo!! Of course the very next day we went for dinner and again loved it! I had the special, Veal with porcini mushrooms in a rich cream sauce with mashed potatoes on the side. It was TO DIE FOR! Hubby had Fetuccini con Pollo and said it was equally as good. Each meal comes with homemade bread and the specials also include the house salad. We topped off our meal by sharing a Tres Leche Cake topped with a fresh strawberry. I don’t want to know how many calories we consumed that night but it was well worth it and I don’t regret it one bit! We WILL be back again!

1  Thank Dreamskape
CarlosyCarlos, General Manager at Carlos & Carlos Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

How any anyone could possible be totally grateful when you read comments like this, we are elated.

Thank you so very much, we feel honor and honestely thankful for your visit, thank you also for sharing your thoughts with other tripadvisor visitors,

Juan Francisco