Capitan Suizo Beachfront Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$179
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$162
Bookit.com
Occidental Tamarindo(Playa Langosta)
$191
$169
  • Pool
Seis Playas Hotel(Huacas)(Great Value!)
$88
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$92
$59
Tamarindo Village Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$98
$302
$187
El Mono Loco(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$45
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelocity
Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$46
$43
1,369 results
All reviewscapitan suizohowler monkeyscosta ricain townsuperior roomboogie boardsoutdoor showertamarindo beachwalk along the beachour honeymoonbeautiful birdssitting areabeautiful beachair conditioningrestaurant stafflounge chairshigh tide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was the third hotel on our Honeymoon to Costa Rica. It was by far our favorite hotel. The atmosphere was incredible and we loved be there. We could walk around barefoot for 3 days non stop. The hotel bumped right up to the sand of the beach and we could walk back and forth between the hotel and the beach and pool so easily. The staff was all amazing. We could eat dinner on the beach which was fantastic. Town was a 10 minute walk away, and you walked the beach to get to town.

*Warning - if you not a fan of animals I would caution staying here. Howler monkeys roam through and could be loud. Birds landed on tables during breakfast. We loved it and thought it was a wonderful experience but it may turn some people off.

Overall a wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: We got a room superior with A/C. Temprature was about 95 degrees and it wasn't unbearable (we come from the humidity of eastern US), but the A/C made sure it was comfortable to sleep at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank matthewb438
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The CapitanSuizo is most likiely the nicest small hotel I have had the pleasure to visit. The grounds were beautiful. Our room felt secluded even though there was another right next door. This is accomplished with magnificent landscaping. The friendly staff made us feel very comfortale, safe and at home. a short walk down the beautiful beach will take you to more restaurants, bars and shopping.. I would highly recommend this property. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suzma16
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Capitan Suizo is luxurious by Costa Rican standards. We stayed in an air conditioned first floor "king" room facing the ocean, but behind the pool, restaurant and bar.Do to well planned landscaping the rooms have an air of privacy and while attached to other rooms, are soundproof. Our room had a refrigerator. The breakfasts were plentiful with fresh fruit, eggs, juice, yogurt, etc., with views of the pool and ocean. Guests feeding hungry jays are mildly scolded by staff members who attempt to explain that the birds and monkeys need to find their own food. On our last day we left very early and the restaurant provided "to go" breakfasts which were also great. Rosa, who staffs the hotel tour desk is a gem, answering all questions with patience, booking tours to meet the desires of the most demanding guests. There is no need to book tours before arrival as Rosa can make your wish a reality. Although not right in the center of town, Capitan Suiza is close enough that one can walk to town via the beach or street in just a few minutes. Taxis are also available. The hotel also has a full bar and a small gift shop with merchandise provided by Britt.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here a couple years ago on my first trip to Costa Rica. We were in one of the rooms in the main building, but very tranquil and quiet, No TV, which allowed time to relax with a book and encouraged me to get out of my room and explore. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed and matched the pictures. The monkeys running through the lobby were an endless source of entertainment, as were the magpies that would be bold enough to steal the food off your fork at breakfast. The food was excellent, although on par price-wise with comparable american fare.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel back in May 2012, but originally forgot to write a review. However, I had such a good experience, I really wanted to share with others who are considering staying here. I stayed for four nights in one of the Ocean Breeze Superior rooms, and got a great deal on a package that came with meals and a massage at the spa. The rooms look exactly like they do on the website. They do a great job of keeping the place in good condition. The bed linens were nice and I really liked the layout of the bathroom. The only negative I had on the rooms was there were a few holes that I could see (some of the windows are up in vaulted ceilings) which let the mosquitoes enter the room easily which is a little bit of a pain given you need the windows open to circulate the air since there isn't air conditioning. I got bit several times while I was sleeping, so I ended up having to apply another layer of bug spray/repellent before bed each night. However, in the bigger scheme you have to be prepared for bugs, especially mosquitoes, when visiting Costa Rica. The pool was very nice and right next to the beach. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond. They were patient with my slowly returning Spanish skills and even helped me practice. Since the beach chairs were mostly lined up closer to the hotel perimeter under some trees and I really wanted to layout down closer to the water, one of the staff moved the chair down where I wanted and set it all up for me. Also, since I was traveling by myself, I ate most of my meals at the hotel restaurant and bar. The waitstaff remembered my name and were happy to chat with me when they weren't busy waiting on other guests. My stay was during the beginning of the rainy season, so the hotel wasn't very crowded which I actually liked. Plus, it hardly rained. The hotel does have a howler monkey rehab facility (or something like that) and you are certain to meet a few in the lobby area or nearby walkways. The ones I encountered where very friendly and the staff was always close by just in case. The hotel grounds are gorgeous with the combination of the ocean on one side and jungle/forest-like greenery on the other. Just make sure to bring earplugs if animal noises in the night bother you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo