Villas Macondo
  • Free Internet
Hotel Nahua(Tamarindo)
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)
View Hotel
All reviewsshared kitcheninternet roomcoded gatecommon kitchenlonely planetnice bedroomswimming poolsuper marketrooms are cleanprivate bathroomcook your own mealssmall supermarketshort walk to beachlocation is greatlaid backair conditioninga wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed there last year for almost 3 weeks in the month of december. I really enjoyed my stay, the place is quiet, the pool is great, staff is helpfull and friendly +they speak french (as im a french canadian). They have 2 computer with internet that you can use, the wi-fi did'nt work really well depending on wich room we were located (i've changed 3 times). We wanted to stay longer for the nye but thet were all booked and as everything was booked all over the town, one employee of the place propose us to stay at his house , it was very kind of him and we enjoy our stay there too and are very thankfull. I'm planning to be returning there for nye this year. I reccommend this place for familly and couples. It's not really a party place for backpacker.

Room Tip: Take a room with a/c . And i recommend the appartement, they're great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Pool was nice and clean.
Secured parking area is a definite bonus.
The beds are at the end of their life and could do with replacement.
The shower was supposedly hot water but I never got a drop of hot water out of the taps.
Otherwise. Highly recommend this place

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am from Costa Rica and last January it was my first time at Tamarindo. I found out about Villas Macondo, which seemed like the best and most accesible option for lodging. I stayed there 3 nights and I have to say that the hotel is really nice. I don't like these really big, commercial hotels which are crowded with people. I like hotels that are quiet, calm and not so crowded and Villas Macondo is a perfect example of the latter. It's not exactly located in downtown Tamarindo but at the same time it's really close to downtown Tamarindo. It's a couple of blocks away from the beach, which is not a long walk. There's a supermarket really really close to the hotel. Also, there are many restaurants and other facilities really close to the hotel. Now, about the hotel. As I said before, it's a peaceful place. It's not luxurious but it's cozy and clean. The hotel has a room where you can use wireless Internet, for those who feel the need to get in touch with the cyberworld while vacationing, hehe. There's also a community kitchen. I personally never used because I'm not a fan of community kitchens but from what I saw the community kitchen had everything necessary: a fridge, a sink, dishes, forks, knives, spoons, coffee maker, etc. It has a swimming pool which always looked clean and it's really relaxing. Of course, close to the pool there are chairs where you can lie down and sunbathe. There are gardens where you can walk and feel in touch with nature and they're beautiful. Now, about the rooms. I stayed in one that was just a room because the hotel also offers apartments, which are two stories high. I chose a simple room. This simple room was small, modest but really nice. One of the highlights is that it has a safety deposit box, so you don't have to worry about where to hide your money. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom is small but it has everything you need. There's hot water but of course it works with solar energy. My only complaint about the room was that it didn't have any drawers where to stack all my clothes. What I had to do every day when I got ready was to take the clothes I needed that day directly from my carry on. About the service, I remember Monique, from the reception and she was really nice and helpful. When I arrived she gave me right away a map of Tamarindo and even advised me that during the day I could use the road that leads behind the hotel but during nights it was better not to use that road and use the road that led to the Super Compro and then heading to downtown Tamarindo. In terms of prices, the simple room cost $40 per night, which is accesible. I did research about other hotels in Tamarindo and they were a lot more expensive. In short, if you're one of those travelers that like peaceful and small hotels, close to the town's facilities, that are not crowded with people or that aren't noisy and that are economically attractive, I'd say to give it a go with Villas Macondo and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

An excellent base if you want to be in Tamarindo. We stayed here 10 days whilst getting dental work done and it was just right. Lovely atmosphere, great pool, clean, light and bright rooms with balconies and hammocks.Really handy to have a shared kitchen and computer room. Stella on reception was so lovely and helpful. A great choice for Tamarindo. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Few last days we stayed in Villas Macondo. It was not my first stay in Villas Macondo and probably not the last one. I really like it - the location is really good, small but nice pull, friendly stuff. We really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: If you are 4 or more take an apartment (there is a really nice kitchen and living room), the only small problem, there is just one shower.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends