Villas Macondo
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$202
Bookit.com
Hotel Arco Iris(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$103
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$142
$85
$231
$225
$199
  • Pool
$296
$190
Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
$110
$329
  • Pool
$228
$221
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$325
$244
All reviewsshared kitcheninternet roomcoded gatelonely planetcommon kitchennice bedroomsuper marketrooms are cleanprivate bathroomcook your own mealssmall supermarketshort walk to beachlocation is greatlaid backair conditioninga wonderful staylounge chairs
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Pros: Has a community kitchen (OK minus the ants) with gas burners, fridge and charcoal bbq; Location is in the center of town, but a bit off the main street which is good; The employees are friendly and helpful; The super market is only a few doors down; Rooms have a small fridge and an Air Conditioning unit (a must have for the hot nights); free internet room and wifi; felt safe as a solo female.

Cons: A lot of Ants and spiders in the room (had the room sprayed); mosquitos kept me from enjoying the hammock at night; Tues night is Voodoo Lounge night (a few doors down) and it sounded like they were in my room - the party lasted from 9pm - 4am - not a night for sleep at all.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Huminbird
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Tamarindo. The hotel itself consists of small cabinas which are basic but at the same time pleasantly designed: they are airy, colorful and don't have the crazy decorations that are sometimes favourited by the costa rican hotel owners :) Each place has a small veranda with a hammock where you can enjoy the book and talks with the other guests. All rooms are located around the pool which is a great place to spend the afternoons with plenty of sun and shadow depending on your preferences.
The location is also pretty nice, it is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and right next to the super market if you would like to buy your own food. There is a communal kitchen area with coffee and other necessities available. The restaurants and bars are also very close.
All in all a lovely place with a nice atmosphere and very pleasant staff.

1  Thank chear_up
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I chose Villas Macondo for 3 nights, reserved it over internet and highly appreciated the cozy atmosphere, the small but well kept swimming pool and the easy going relaxed management. I went alone and met nice people, we ended up sharing often dinners and talks around the pool, it was the first time that I found such an atmosphere during my lonely short trip in CR. I would happily stay longer, but unfortunately my holiday had run out!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I were so overly impressed with Villas Macondo and the staff there were extended our stay from the planned 6 days to the full 2 weeks of our vacation. The staff gave us places to drive to for day trips (including tico beaches), helped us with finding local places to eat and numerous other things that were above and beyond. Our room (12) was kept clean every day by the hard working maid and the grounds were meticulous including the pool even with the heavy winds each day. The price can't be beat, we thought we got more than our money's worth!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank hazmaster
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I recently stayed in the room with a fan for 3 nights and I was happy with my choice. There is a kitchen; internet and a pool for all the guests to use. The hotel is close to the beach, supermarket, ATM and different restaurants. The staff is very helpful and the place is really clean. I will definitely stay again.