“ Phenomenal coffee & great food- a gem in Paradise”

Green Papaya Taco Bar
Ranked #17 of 219 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Green Papaya Taco Bar & More We bring our uniqe style to Tamarindo with Good food & Great Music to create the perfect atmosphere for a good dinning experience.Our goal stands on low budget , clean , fresh healthy and tasty food with casual comfortable vibe You can eat inside with AC relief or outside with our Costa Rican nature. We open LUNCH & DINNER , or you can visit us Just for a great fresh COFFEE break.OPEN Tuesday - Sunday 11am -10pm See you soon :)
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Pretty, cozy locale with fun seating arrangements- swinging chairs (but regular seating also available ).
This was our second time and we were not disappointed.
The beans are ground right before the coffee is brewed and the result is strong taste and brilliant aroma without the usual bitterness, heaven on earth for coffee lovers.
We tried the banana loaf- dense sweet, moist bread with a hint of cinnamon- a tasty healthy choice.
No doubt we will be back and we highly recommend this hidden gem near downtown Tamarindo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,702)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was on vacation in Costa Rica with my friend's family, and we came here for some coffee and a bite to eat. We each ordered a cappuccino, and they were simply to die for- very smooth and flavorful. We also had an order of the chips which came with guac, bean dip, and this PHENOMENAL chili pepper dip. To top it off, she gave us a slice of carrot cake on the house, that was the most flavorful and moist carrot cake I have ever had. I definitely recommend stopping here for some coffee and a bite to eat. The service was great and so was everything else! I will be back soon enough!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Really good fish tacos with big chunks of fish. Good guacamole and fresh, hot chips. It's a cute place where you can eat inside or outside. Some of the chairs outside are actually swings.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Food is very average the meat in my beef tacos had a strong smell
I did not finish them and got an upset stomach the day after
I won' t go back for sure

Reviewed June 30, 2014

They day we had lunch here, it was too warm to sit outside on the swings, which looked fun. The a/c inside was cold and refreshing. The restaurant is kept spotless. The portions are not huge, but my tacos were really good and the house-made chips are delicious (from someone who's not a chip person). Another spot where the locals seem to eat. After reading the other reviews, I'm sorry now that we didn't try the desserts. No matter, I'm going again in December!