“Excellent made-to-order food!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Costa Rican
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Let me just preface that before I moved here I was told there is no good Chinese food in Costa Rica. WRONG!
I was pleased to find Chun's via Tico-to-Go, the local delivery service that rocks.
I now know where Chun's is located and go there myself...I must make it clear to not let the outside "look" of the place steer you away. It looks like a little hole in the wall and it kind of is but they make everything from scratch in this ilttle kitchen which includes an excellent much used wok.
I will tell you now that the egg rolls are my abolute favorite, not to deny the Cantonese Fried Rice and the Noodles with veggies. I had a large order of each plus two orders of egg rolls(4 total) and the total cost is around $20 - money well spent.
Not only that they are very very nice and the woman cook speaks English if needed...and she is so, so, sweet!!
I will stop ranting now...so just go check it out, you will not be disappointed!!
Pura Vida!

There are newer reviews for Chun's Chinese Restaurant Tamarindo

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The food is excellent home cooked Chinese food. It doesn't look like much from the outside, in fact some local people said they hadn't been there because of the way it looks from the road, but don't let that stop you. We stopped in (a family of 6) one late morning (we thought it was later, more like lunch time) and they weren't really prepared for making a lunch menu but she graciously prepared everything that we asked for. We are also vegan so we also had some special requests, which she accommodated for us. She cooked everything from scratch (in fact during the preparation she must have run out of something and jumped on her motorcycle and ran to the store (just across the street) to buy whatever she needed. When she brought the food out to us we all raved about it. We have some finicky eaters and even they loved it. Don't be turned away from the exterior, the food is great.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The desperation for Chinese food prompted my kids and I go ahead and try this restaurant despite it's rather rough outward appearance.
When we went up to the door we were greeted by the owner and cook. She was darling, very attentive and helpful. We chose our table and she took our order promptly. Then we waited for a long time as each item was prepared by her. it took over an hour just for our meal but she kept getting to go orders which perhaps takes priority?
The food however was really very good. We had the chicken with vegetables, the sweet and sour pork and the sweet and sour chicken. We also had the wonton soup and an order of eggrolls. All were very tasty and portions were generous. The entrees and eggrolls were different than the Chinese Restaurants back home but still very good. The soup was fantastic.
I'd definitely go back, but I'[d have it as take out in the future.

1  Thank kcctraveler
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the sweet & sour pork and it was what you'd expect from a Chinese Restaurant. My other friends had fried rice and a noodle dish. The noodles seem to be a little different than what you'd expect to get from somewhere in the states but I would highly recommend the Fried Rice. Its kind of a whole in the wall place but if you want some Chinese food in Tamarindo this is the spot for it.