“Packed but excellent!”

Ranked #28 of 217 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were lucky to walk into the bar instead of waiting for a seat when we visited Patagonia. It is always packed! The bar was fun to sit at and the sangria was one of the best portions of the meal. We also had the empanadas that were very flavorful and the steak was cooked exactly how we asked. The meal was very good and we plan to return if we ever find ourselves in Tamarindo in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We walked past this place a few times wondering why it looked as if there was smoke coming out of the restaurant. It wasn't until we actually decided to stop in for a late dinner that we realized that it's not smoke but water mist to keep you cool if you're standing outside. Nice touch.

My hubby and I are meat eaters. Read other TA reviews and walked over from our hotel. Soooooo glad that we did! We had the best meal ever! We ordered the cheese and spinach and beef Empanadas, so tasty! For dinner, I ordered the beef tenderloin in Malbec sauce accompanied by potatoes and a salad. The hubby had a thick skirt steak with potatoes and a salad. All of it was delicious. If we had more days left, would have gone back.
Give it a try, sometimes there's a wait but it's worth it. We had drinks at the bar before we were ready to be seated but decided we wanted to stay at the bar all night and eat there.

A must! Yum!!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We ate at Patagonia for our last dinner in Costa Rica. I highly recommend a reservation. We both had the argentinian filet - it was fantastic. The service was better than average as well. Huge dessert menu. Fantastic atmosphere. Loved it.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I'm a fan of a good margarita, so two for one between 11-6 lured me and they were worth it. We got the special baked provoleta with arugula which was nice and salty and browned. We also shared a steak filet with chimichurri sauce, being an Argentinian restaurant, they didn't disappoint at all. Patagonia even has their own oil/vinegar sauce on the table which is a great addition to the steak.
There are nice misting fans around the restaurant to keep you cool. Afternoon, no wait, no crowd.. but dinner is always busy so stop in and make a reservation during the day as you walk by on the main road.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

At here our first night in Tamarindo. Best choice my boyfriend and I made. It's a small outdoor resturant right on the main drag. It's livley with music playing in the background which created a great atmosphere and you get the local vibe.
Service was good, the waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu...definitely try the blood sausage for a starter...wow!
We got a pitcher of the white sangaria. One of the best sangarias I have ever had! Strong too.
My boyfriend got the ribs and I got the mahi mahi. Very filling and flavorfull.
I would eat here again in a heart beat!