“Fabulous!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Annapolis, MD
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have stayed in La Fortuna, Monteverde and now Tamarindo - this is the best restaurant we've come across in Costa Rica and it's not that expensive.

We stayed at Tabacon in La Fortuna and got charged twice as much for lousy (and I mean lousy) food.

The food at Tamarindo Diria for dinner is mediocre (bland and uninspired) and expensive.

This is a great restaurant.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Unique dishes”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Different dishes to choose from on the menu. The restaurant didn't have A/C like most here, but didn't get very good breezes through it, so it was a bit warm to dine.

Visited June 2013
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Excellent Food with the Most Friendly Service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Patagonia was an absolutely incredible experience for my family and I during our trip to Costa Rica. The two servers there, Diana and Evelyn, were two of the sweetest ladies I have met here in this country. We were greeted with a warm welcome and accomodated without any hesitation. On a very hot day in Tamarindo, the ladies adjusted the fans to blow toward us and were super sweet. The food was brought out at a very fair pace compared to other restaurants in the area, which truly take their time. The chicken, empanadas, ravioli, and fries were excellent. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Tamarindo. There are too many mixed reviews on this website, but one thing's for sure, Patagonia is a must-visit.

Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Really great experience!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was in a horrible mood and we stopped here randomly for lunch on a hot day in Tamarindo. When we stepped in e met Diana and Evelyn who did everything they could to help us. They adjusted the fans to try and make us cooler brought out water right away. The communication was good and they seemed happy to help us.

The thought of ordering a pasta dish didn't sound so smart considering we are from NJ but we started with a order of ravioli which was surprisingly good as well as 3 different types of empanadas which were excellent. I ordered the chicken for my main course (lunch) and got two very big pieces of chicken which were superb. They had a lightly salty and tangy seasoning and were grilled to the right temperature. It was served with a side salad and homemade potato chips which were quite tasty.

Overall the service and food matched and I was able to turn my mood around. We ended up taking a picture with the two servers to remember the experience. Check it out if you are in town.

1 Thank dave s
Los Angeles, California
“Argentina Steakhouse with Feedlot Beef from U.S.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

One would think that they would get their beef from Argentina,but when I asked the waitress she told me,with a bad attitude, that it was USDA beef and that it would be three times the price if they got it from Argentina. If that is the case, then maybe they should offer a few cuts from Argentina and charge more.Also with Costa Rica having good grass fed beef as well, I am not sure why they would get their beef from a U.S.feed lot, other than it is the cheapest option for them. That being said, after ordering my flank steak medium it came more like medium well, the "patagonia fries" were under cooked slices of potato, and the salad was a joke. I have had better meals at Longhorn, however with not many options for Steak in Tamarindo, this place continues to be crowded and many people love it, which is lost on me. I would rather get some fresh seafood since you are right next to the source and wait to get a steak in Fortuna or San Jose where they offer some nice cuts of grass fed Costa Rican beef. If you like Outback or Longhorn and are willing to pay 25% more and put up with really weak sides and salads, then this place is for you.