“Great Seafood, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Pangas Beach Club

Pangas Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 193 Restaurants in Tamarindo
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Beautiful surroundings. Relaxed, outdoor vibe. On the night we were there, the restaurant was offering a seafood platter special for two. The seafood was fresh and really tasty---lobster, fried snapper, shrimp, mussels, and calamari. As an appetizer, I had the delicious seafood soup. The broth had an amazing, rich flavor. My husband had the lobster salad, served in a cute coconut. The service is a little slow, but it gives you time to relax. One of the other members of our party had the steak grilled on the rocks---it makes an entertaining show. They had fire dancers after dinner. All in all, a nice time.

There are newer reviews for Pangas Beach Club

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We visited Pangas for dinner and had a great time. Be sure to try the tenderloin that you cook on volcanic rock, its delicious.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Definitely in our top 3 places to eat in the world! Everything was prepared to perfection, wouldn't change a thing, the ambiance, wait staff and meal were absolutely perfect.

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We came here the first night and figured we wanted to end on a good note so we came here the last night, as well! Ask to sit on the beach...the tables are large and comfortable and you look out into the ocean and sunset. It has breathtaking views! The atmosphere is so inviting and enjoyable. The staff is exceptional and very polite. My boyfriend got the lobster and I got the ribeye. It was the best tasting meat and fish we'd ever had. The ribeye comes with 3 sauces that were just amazing! We tried two appetizers too - bison sliders and glazed pineapple wings - both amazing! If you go during happy hour (4-7) you can 2 drinks for the price of 1! I definitely recommend trying this place if you're staying in Tamarindo - an experience you'll remember. A little pricey but nothing more than what you'll pay in the states - worth it!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I showed up late, well past the dinner rush, as I was told I will need a reservation. I had no problems getting in as there only seemed to be three other couples/parties there at the time. The ambiance and decor were/are to die for. I would have loved to rent a room there, hint, hint. I ordered the jumbo grilled shrimp meal. The shrimp were fantastic, the bed of rice they were served on was also very good. The three grilled veggies were not my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of eggplant or heated tomatoes. Didn't matter though, I didn't have to eat the veggies as the jumbo shrimp and rice were more than enough to fill me up. Overall experience was wonderful and I look forward to dining there again when I return to Costa Rica.