“Beautiful and Delicious”

Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was SO happy when I saw this new restaurant. I come to Tamarindo every year and this is now my favourite restaurant!

It's modern and beautiful and has wide and unobstructed beachfront.

I had the mussels to start which were delicious. We asked for bread and they brought up a couple freshly baked buns complimentary. Perfect to enjoy the mussel sauce with!

For dinner I had the 8oz steak which is served with a super hot volcanic rock that you can use to cook the meat more if you want (it comes medium rare). The steak and the sides were incredible. The person I was with had the short ribs and loved them as well.

Service was great. A couple times we had to ask for things twice but that is kind of the norm in Costa Rica I have found so it didn't bother us.

I look forward to visiting again for lunch so I can enjoy it during the day.

There are newer reviews for Pangas Beach Club

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went there for a couple's last night. The place is right on the beach and the setting is awesome. After reading many reviews myself, which were mixed we all decided to go with the special of the day which was sea bass. It was presented very creatively and was very delicious. We also shared a pie of key lime pie which also was yummy.

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Pangas was strongly recommended by our hotel, but we were frankly disappointed with the food. The decor and setting are lovely, but the cooking isn't up to par. It's a better place for drinks, which were creative and very good. Good desserts also--shame that the main courses weren't up to the same standard. Great atmosphere but vastly overrated food.

1  Thank Velvetgemini
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We ate here twice. Good fresh fish dishes, prepared well. Service was friendly and competent. Comfortable chairs and plenty of space even when full.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Right on the Beach, ocean within feet, hanging laterns, not to crowded, tables are spread out, its just plain amazing. My boyfriend got the app platter and he was not all that impressed to be quite honest I don't even remember what I got. But I remember the experience. A must do for couples.