“You won't regret it!”

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You won't regret it!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our best meal in 11 days in Costa Rica! The ribeye is a must as it comes out with a 599 degree lava rock to cook it on. The lobster is another must- cooked to perfection with a fabulous garlic butter sauce brushed on top. The seafood combo app was another favorite. The service was superb; We hadJared as our main server. We ate upstairs because I could not afford any additional mosquito bites but you have the option of eating down near the beach with your toes in the sand. Great job Pangas! We will be back!

Parsippany, New Jersey
“Best meal in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I ate here during our stay at the nearby JW Marriott. It was our last night in the area and we turned to TripAdvisor for dinner suggestions. We were SO glad we went there! All you can really see from the road is the light up sign (driving in to Tamarindo, it's on the right, across from El Tesoro resort). We went without reservations and were able to sit right away. Once you walk back, it's like being in someone's awesome backyard. if you eat downstairs, you can sit on the beach (it would have been an amazing place for dinner at sunset, but we got there too late). There are big tables with comfy pillows. We ate upstairs, which was also casual but comfortable. It's a casual environment, but it was also a great setting for us to have a romantic dinner. My husband had a seafood appetizer that said fried, but it was more sauteed and arrived in cast-iron pan. He can't stop raving about it! I had a quinoa salad and it was delicious as well. I also had a steak for dinner - that was served with a lava stone! It was delicious, I got to cook it to my own liking plus try out a few different sauces, and such a cool way to present a steak. The service was also fantastic. We would have eaten there twice had we found it sooner! It's a must try for sure!

Brisbane, Australia
“Attended a Wonderful Wedding”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We attended a wedding here in April 2013. The entire afternoon and evening was well planned and well executed. Beautiful set up for sunset ceremony on the beach. Cool drinks immediately after. Delicious fingerfood before dinner (great prawns - being from Queensland, I know my prawns!). The table settings were fantastic. If felt a little bit like a fairytale under the trees. The only fault I could come up with was the cocktails (that packed a punch!) were too sweet (not much of a fault, I know).

Thank you guys for making it such a special night!!!

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Tamarindo Must try”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Amazing food, service, and atmosphere! This place delivers! Wonderful location on the beach to enjoy lunch or a gorgeous sunset. This is my fav place in Tamarindo!

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We heard about this place via word of mouth and that the food was amazing. So we ventured out and were extremely happy we did. The ambiance is nice and the staff was attentive. They were understaffed and two big parties came through so many of the specials were sold out. We got some drinks waited at the bar and were seated at one of their outdoor tables. The drinks were good. The wife and I split the whole fish and a calamari appetizer - very delicious. The other couple with us order the ceviche and more fish - delicious again. The owner came out and spoke with us for quite awhile and told us about their chef and that they also during the day act as a fish market where locals and tourists can buy whole fish etc...All in all it was a great experience and I would highly suggest everyone make it a point to stop by and have dinner.