“Yoga with monkeys!”

ReFLEXion Yoga Tamarindo
Ranked #12 of 24 Spas & Wellness in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Best holistic healing experience in Tamarindo. Yoga,Thai Massage,Reiki Energy Healing,Sound Therapy and Chakra Cleansing. AquaYOGA Therapy, AcrobaYoga Workshops,Hot Vinyasa & Bikram Yoga Series Group Classes,Rainbow Child Yoga, Therapy for Spinal Rehabilitation, Blood type and Lightbody Nutritional Assessment,Spiritual Counseling,Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage.What is Reiki? pronouned 'ray-kee' translates as the universal life-force energy. This is also known as chi in China and prana in India.This is believed to be the life force flowing through the body, nourishing organs and cells. When this flow of energy is disrupted its function becomes impaired and illness can occur. Treatments lowers blood pressure, reduces stress of the mind, stress held in the body and stress of emotions. A sense of acceptance and peace usually fills the receiver. Some experience life-altering healing.
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Yoga with monkeys!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was looking for a fun yoga experience during my stay in Costa Rica. Although my hotel was not nearby, Lorena's class was exactly what we were looking for and worth the drive. Her practice includes poses and modifications for anyone. The beautiful outdoor yoga deck made us feel like we were in the middle of the rain forest and we even got to see monkeys hanging around during our session. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone. Just don't forget your bug spray!!

Visited June 2013

Red Deer, Canada
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am fairly new to yoga, and found Lorena's yoga classes online. After talking to her on the phone, I also booked a massage/energy treatment that night. We were in the Tamarindo area for 2 weeks.

Yoga experience - My fiance attended his very first yoga class with me, at the Langosta Beach Club with Lorena. We also went again to Rip Jack's in Playa Grande. Lorena's classes are amazing! She combines challenging poses, at the same time teaching beginners and making adjustments for them. I was glad there were other men in the class, for my partner's benefit. In addition to the yoga practise, her integration of energy awareness and meditation in class was profound. REALLY wish we could go to more classes . . . . as a result of Lorena's classes, my partner is (finally!!!) interested in yoga classes.

Massage/reiki treatment - My first massage with Lorena on her deck overlooking Tamarindo was amazing. I have had lots of massage and energy work, never anything quite like Lorena's. She is truly gifted and works intuitively. I immediately felt a connection with her, which opened me to trust. In addition to a deep massage, the results of the reiki treatment were very noticeable. The next day I felt very warm and calm on the inside, as well as the outside. The next week Lorena came to our hotel room and gave my partner a great treatment, and I had my second one. Again, very very helpful. Afterwards, Lorena relaxed with me a while, and talked to me about my body, my belly and digestive system. This was so meaningful to me!!

Lorena is truly a gifted healer. Meeting her and experiencing her gifts was the highlight of our holiday this year!

Visited January 2013
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couples Massage”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lorena met us with a huge smile and a bottle of champagne! From there, we were left alone to relax for a a bit and to take in the magnificent view. The massages were simultaneous and deep as promised. We walked away quite satisfied like two heaps of jello!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Paul H
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spiritual yoga-meditation experience!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was looking for a meditation class while in CR, and the concierge at the Hilton in Golfo de Papagayo recommended Lorena. Her energy felt so positive over the phone, that I rented a car to visit her at a yoga studio in Playa Grade an hour a away. Her yoga-meditation class was one of the highlights of my entire trip. It was so great that booked another session a few days later, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I'm very much a beginner to the practice of yoga, but Lo was supportive in every way. Her class was attended by others who had far more experience than myself, including another yoga instructor. Despite my lack of familiarity with all of the poses, Lorena's instructions were always crystal clear. She also had a beautiful way of weaving life-affirming stories into the class, which became one of my favorite parts of the session. I enjoyed her class so much that I'm hoping to make yoga a regular part of my life - if I can only find an instructor back home who offers something close to her level of skill and support.

In contrast to yoga, I have been practicing daily meditation (sometimes more frequently) over the past year. However, Lo helped me take my current practice to a new level. I had an unforgettable session with her on the beach during a beautiful sunset, where she introduced me to some new techniques that I really enjoyed. The time I spent with Lorena was the most spiritually connected I've ever felt with anyone outside of my family, work, and a small network of very close friends. She is both an excellent instructor and a super person to be around. HIGHLY recommended.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tony_Rado
Toronto, Canada
“yoga on the beach with Lorena”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

There were eight of us for yoga on the beach including the bride and the groom. When we arrived Lorena had already set up the mats in a circle. She guided us through the exercises with expertise, gentleness and individual attention. On this beautiful morning, we felt so blessed having Lorena guide us through the exercises to the sound of the surf.
Lorena, keep offering yoga on the beach, it's an amazing experience. Thank you Lorena.

Visited November 2012